Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #781 of 1,697

They offered a DSD decoder, and it failed.  They killed off the product after its initial production run sold off, which took years.

Yes, I know.

????

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #784 of 1,697
Hi guys,
Yes. the left driver had the static noise more pronounced, especially on lower volume. I filled out the online RA form, told them I didn't want a refund, but a good working unit. Just one hour later they emailed me a Fedex Label to return it. I re-packed it and dropped at a FedEx location then emailed them as soon as FedEx showed it as received and they immediately mailed me the replacement. I received the replacement today via USPS Priority.
The new unit has the Volume Knob centered, thats what it looks to me. Usb ports tight, its ok. The volume pot is quiet with music or without it. The sound is perfect. Everything works good, I hope it stays that way and I am very thankful to Schiit for making this right and it didn't cost me a penny more.
Thanks to the guys that helped me here otherwise I would had just returned it.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #785 of 1,697
  Hi guys,
Yes. the left driver had the static noise more pronounced, especially on lower volume. I filled out the online RA form, told them I didn't want a refund, but a good working unit. Just one hour later they emailed me a Fedex Label to return it. I re-packed it and dropped at a FedEx location then emailed them as soon as FedEx showed it as received and they immediately mailed me the replacement. I received the replacement today via USPS Priority.
The new unit has the Volume Knob centered, thats what it looks to me. Usb ports tight, its ok. The volume pot is quiet with music or without it. The sound is perfect. Everything works good, I hope it stays that way and I am very thankful to Schiit for making this right and it didn't cost me a penny more.

ive noticed the bad noice since day one , but it never afected my listening  , but with the th-x00 its another story , hope they will send me one too , i contacted them yesterday , im waiting for an answer

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #787 of 1,697
  Hi guys,

Glad to hear it worked out.  Mine is physically ok - knob is straight-ish, ports plug fine - but sonically I do hear a sort of woosh-like sound out of both channels if I turn the knob quickly without any music.  The sound isn’t the typical scratchy sound from an bad pot, it’s a more uniform sound that doesn’t hinder performance - but something that doesn’t occur with other amps that I own...

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #788 of 1,697

Glad to hear it worked out.  Mine is physically ok - knob is straight-ish, ports plug fine - but sonically I do hear a sort of woosh-like sound out of both channels if I turn the knob quickly without any music.  The sound isn’t the typical scratchy sound from an bad pot, it’s a more uniform sound that doesn’t hinder performance - but something that doesn’t occur with other amps that I own...

Yeah, mine does the same.. it's a bit odd, but not a showstopper.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #790 of 1,697
  What does "2Hz-200KHz, -3dB" in the specs mean? Bass cut? 

The full spec is:  Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-200KHz, -3dB

Nearly all amplifiers implement filtering of frequencies outside of the audible range.  The simplified (and maybe not completely technically correct) is to prevent amplifying all the high frequency signals (e.g. lower frequency radio waves) that could cause interference in both the sound and other devices.

So what the specification means is that in the 20hz-20khz range there is no more than .1db of attenuation caused by the filtering.  In the 2hz to 200khz there is no more than 3db of attentuation.  In this context, 3db would be considered an audible change, so within the 2h-200khz range you should hear no impact of the filtering they implemented.  That's a good thing. 

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #791 of 1,697
  Mine is totally silent always. 

Oh dear, you should probably ask for a replacement, then
cool.gif

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #794 of 1,697
  Hi guys,

That is good to hear I ordered one one day one.  Returned it immediately for refund due to the scratchy off center volume pot.  They sent me a message that unit tested okay but sent full refund.  At the time of the return I could not find anyone with this issue.  I thought it was just me or that they were all this way.  Now I see it was very common.  On my unit if I put pressure in a certain place when turning volume up no scratchiness would occur.
I really liked the unit, sounded great and head plenty of power for my cans.  I would consider buying again if I could get a scratch free unit.  

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #795 of 1,697

Returned it immediately for refund due to the scratchy off center volume pot.  They sent me a message that unit tested okay but sent full refund.  At the time of the return I could not find anyone with this issue.  I thought it was just me or that they were all this way.  Now I see it was very common.  On my unit if I put pressure in a certain place when turning volume up no scratchiness would occur

Yes, I was going to just return it and forget about the whole thing since I had contacted tech support and I was told it was normal to hear loud scratch noise every time you turn the Volume Pot. Its a failed reverse psychology. Who would want to run the chance of getting another unit that will sound the same since what bothers you is seen as normal by the very own manufacturer? I am glad there are forums with cool people and anyone can gather/research reliable info on your favorite hobby!!!
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back