Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #151 of 1,697
I see, this was why I received 'shipping delay' email notification from Schiit.

It's actually better for me to receive a fixed Fulla 2 instead of having to return it for warranty repair.

When someone mentions "parts falling off", is it like soldering coming off?

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #153 of 1,697
Since I haven't seen it noted yet... After banging on the Fulla 2 as my daily driver since Monday, the one actual downside I have found (I'm only giving schiit schiit over the three feet thing) is that the F2 picks up RF interference from mobile (GSM) phones where my O2/ODAC does not. It's not the worst I've ever heard, like OMG THERE'S A BEE IN MY HEADPHONES, but it's definitely there. I think the interfering phone needs to be kinda close to the F2. Unfortunately wireless signal is crap at my desk and since I'm testing this as a possible gift I can't fully explore this issue by testing it out at home, but maybe others can. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #154 of 1,697

Sadly Head-Fi rules forbid posting links to the site where they posted it.

Oh, then I know exactly where to go.

Might as well c/p for easy viewing!

Schiit:

Weird, because it definitely does work on iOS and newer Android devices here. 
I hope we're not seeing product variability. I'll point Nick at this thread and we'll bring back the bad ones and see what's happening.
Aha, found it. Some of the boards are missing a 0402 part. Looks like a panel misprogram, or simple vibration problem (parts falling off), because not all boards are affected. If you have problems, contact tech@schiit.com and get it swapped.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #155 of 1,697
For those Concerned about warranty exchanges and experiences also new Schiit customers. I had an Original Vali that would ring and ring and ring. The Microphonics were pretty bad. After a few emails they decided to do their rapid exchange (I think that's what It's called.) They Shipped a new one to me within an hour off me dropping off the defective one at fedex.  I do not know how they will handle this but they will not hold your hand and coddle you, they walk you through some initial diagnosis, get the info needed and make it right ASAP. and in my experience it is fairly painless.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #156 of 1,697
I just tried to connect my iPhone to the Fulla 2 using the Apple Camera Adaptor and it worked fine again. I didn't even need to reboot the phone.  Whatever the problem is on my system it comes and goes. The worse kind of problem.

I do notice that it is hard to plug the mini-USB cable into the Fulla 2 and once when Fulla wasn't seen by my MacBook, I pulled it out and plugged it in again and it worked.  I don't know if this is just getting Fulla's attention or making a better contact.

I am not smart enough to figure out the URL or website referred to above.  Would someone PM me the link?  Thanks.

Dec 14, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #157 of 1,697
Schiit didn't say much.  Everything you pretty much need to know is copied-pasted in my last quote message above.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #158 of 1,697
  I just tried to connect my iPhone to the Fulla 2 using the Apple Camera Adaptor and it worked fine again. I didn't even need to reboot the phone.  Whatever the problem is on my system it comes and goes. The worse kind of problem.

I do notice that it is hard to plug the mini-USB cable into the Fulla 2 and once when Fulla wasn't seen by my MacBook, I pulled it out and plugged it in again and it worked.  I don't know if this is just getting Fulla's attention or making a better contact.

I am not smart enough to figure out the URL or website referred to above.  Would someone PM me the link?  Thanks.

I cannot say for certain, but It is possible this could be a result of the USB ports going into a power saving mode. With USB powered non audio devices  sometimes this happens as well. The act of unplugging and plugging it back in may be waking it up out of power saving mode. My fulla 2 Had tight contacts too. It loosened up after using it a few times. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #159 of 1,697
Since I haven't seen it noted yet... After banging on the Fulla 2 as my daily driver since Monday, the one actual downside I have found (I'm only giving schiit schiit over the three feet thing) is that the F2 picks up RF interference from mobile (GSM) phones where my O2/ODAC does not. It's not the worst I've ever heard, like OMG THERE'S A BEE IN MY HEADPHONES, but it's definitely there. I think the interfering phone needs to be kinda close to the F2. Unfortunately wireless signal is crap at my desk and since I'm testing this as a possible gift I can't fully explore this issue by testing it out at home, but maybe others can. 

Mine picks up a ton of interference too, so bad its like it can pick up radio stations. This is only occurs at work, for some reason and at home, there's not a problem. Using it with a iPhone. The interesting is the cell signal is much weaker at my work than at home so there maybe some relation there. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #160 of 1,697
  Mine picks up a ton of interference too, so bad its like it can pick up radio stations. This is only occurs at work, for some reason and at home, there's not a problem. Using it with a iPhone. The interesting is the cell signal is much weaker at my work than at home so there maybe some relation there. 

I usually do not listen to anything out of my phone or tablet but I do get weird interference with my Modi 2 Ubers if my phone gets anywhere near it and i get a message or a call. It seems to be related to incoming or outgoing Data or call signals. Are you streaming music through your phone? If you are not streaming music on your phone maybe try putting it in airplane mode and see if the interference goes away? 

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #161 of 1,697
Wow, my order literally shipped yesterday (Tuesday), right before they halted shipping of new orders. Here's to hoping that I won't have to send it back.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #162 of 1,697
Does schiit usually pay for return shipping?

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #163 of 1,697
  I cannot say for certain, but It is possible this could be a result of the USB ports going into a power saving mode. With USB powered non audio devices  sometimes this happens as well. The act of unplugging and plugging it back in may be waking it up out of power saving mode. My fulla 2 Had tight contacts too. It loosened up after using it a few times. 

Yeah it's getting a little easier to get a mini-usb plug in there.  There is nothing worse than an intermittent problem.  I tried my FiiO L-19 cable with the iPhone and Fulla and got nothing,  The cable worked on Mojo.  I then switched out to the Apple Camera connector which meant I had to change the cable going into Fulla for socket gender compatibility.  Worked fine.  I had a second Apple connector and it work fine on Fulla too.  I then switched back to the FiiO connector and it wouldn't work.  The only difference is one cable and that cable works on another device.

The good news is that I guess my Fulla 2 isn't missing any parts and it works with my iPhone.  The bad news is that I still don't know why it's a little flaky at times. It may be as you say that it has something to do with power saving mode.  I am not getting the this device doesn't work on your iPhone message.  I am also not getting the power warning either because I have the adapter plugged in all the time.  It just may be cables make a difference, possibly in how they make contact.  I've had plenty of bad experiences with the Apple Camera connector.  

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #164 of 1,697
Does schiit usually pay for return shipping?

It's been a while (over two years probably) since I had an issue with the Vali but I think they did because it was an issue with the product not me just wanting to return it. The reason why I believe they did is I had to a take it to a fedex location to drop it off which is out of the way. There is a UPS pickup at my job and I am lazy and would not go out of my way to fedex if I did not have to. It's not outlined in their website so of course it is at their discretion.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #165 of 1,697

Don't get caught up in the idea that more power is the deciding factor in quality.  As long as the amplifier has enough power to deliver the required volume without clipping it's doing it's job power wise.  The Fulla 2 will give you enough clean power on the DT990's to cause permanent hearing damage without clipping or distorting.  The low impedance output of the Fulla 2 combined with the higher impedance of the DT990's mean there is more than enough control for those headphones to sound as the manufacturer intended with headroom left over. It's really hard to look at a spec sheet and know what something is going to sound like but the specs here are well within what you need for the DT990 250.

would i be winner in any way purchasing the 32 ohm premium version instead of 250ohm premium?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back