Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Jan 19, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #1,756 of 2,799
I know they'll never do it, but this technology in a portable DAC/amp would slay the competition. I've never heard music sound like this before. I mean, depending on where I was money-wise when they announced it (currently paying down debt and I need to save for novel editing and book cover), I'd be in a pre-order line.

Jan 19, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #1,759 of 2,799

More bass (not sure how to quantify it yet)
Can particularly make female vocals sound up close and realistic

This is how I feel about the concero HD as well. I just love it's bass. I just love it so far, but for my next DAC, I think I'll look into getting the bimby multibit. Then I can compare them as well. I wish I could just go to the top and get the Yggi, but it's out of my price range.

Thanks for the comparisons and the pros and cons, that was very helpful!!

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #1,761 of 2,799
A question, regarding the above:  I hear no noise whatsoever from Bifrost (or any other DAC I've heard).  Are you hearing background noise?  If so, isn't a ground loop or or amp or something else likely responsible for that?

I was wondering that too.
With music paused and volume at 100% mines dead quiet.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #1,762 of 2,799
  And now for perhaps one of the most controversial reviews ever.  Tell me what you guys think.

Life too short for so much rambling. The first few minutes were enough to never want to watch him ever again.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #1,763 of 2,799
I was wondering that too.
With music paused and volume at 100% mines dead quiet.

I for sure am getting USB noise because my RGB keyboard makes different electrical noise patterns whenever I change the RGB pattern hahaha; but it's not the Bimby's fault by any means.  I just need to get something to separate my USB power from my motherboard.

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #1,764 of 2,799
This may be just what you need.
http://schiit.com/products/wyrd

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #1,765 of 2,799
  I for sure am getting USB noise because my RGB keyboard makes different electrical noise patterns whenever I change the RGB pattern hahaha; but it's not the Bimby's fault by any means.  I just need to get something to separate my USB power from my motherboard.

That sure is Wyrd....

Jan 20, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #1,766 of 2,799
Jan 20, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,767 of 2,799

Watched the first minute- he's an imbecile.

I wouldn't say he's an imbecile, but there's a certain subset of audiophiles who took NwAvGuy's writing as gospel. "Nothing is needed beyond the ODAC." They're just as delusional as the guys that buy $50,000 systems. I do believe that multibit DACs reproduce the audio waveform more accurately. I can hear the difference, I'm not crazy. So frustrating to constantly defend something and be treated like we're sheep just waiting to be fleeced by Schiit or any other company that claims to offer better sound quality. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,768 of 2,799

I wouldn't say he's an imbecile, but there's a certain subset of audiophiles who took NwAvGuy's writing as gospel. "Nothing is needed beyond the ODAC." They're just as delusional as the guys that buy $50,000 systems. I do believe that multibit DACs reproduce the audio waveform more accurately. I can hear the difference, I'm not crazy. So frustrating to constantly defend something and be treated like we're sheep just waiting to be fleeced by Schiit or any other company that claims to offer better sound quality. 

This is just speculation, but I would say a lot of people who believe there is no difference between DACs tend to be very young and may not have much money. It's easier to be happy with a piece of kit if you think spending more money doesn't make any difference. This is IMHO and YMMV.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,769 of 2,799

This is just speculation, but I would say a lot of people who believe there is no difference between DACs tend to be very young and may not have much money. It's easier to be happy with a piece of kit if you think spending more money doesn't make any difference. This is IMHO and YMMV.

What's weird is that I'm relatively new to this hobby, relatively young (26), have had a few DACs and I absolutely could hear the difference the Bimby brought vs the other (quite good) DACs I've used. But yes I'm sure it's nice (for them) to think that their entry-level setup really doesn't not need to ever be improved.

Jan 20, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #1,770 of 2,799
I may not hear the difference, but I enjoy music from my Bifrost Multibit more than I did with Uber. Guess that's all that matters. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back