Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Jan 11, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #1,576 of 2,799
(I have BiMBy in my cart, just waiting for my girlfriend to go to sleep so she won't give me Schiit for buying it).

We have very similar configs, so I'm very interested in your thoughts :)

After playing this game for a while, I'm a big follower of the importance of synergy (and lack there of). This multi bit DAC is one of the few I'm filtering closely. But I'd like to hear how it sounds with the amp and phones (we have the same).

For the record, I'm currently usinga Gustard U12 to an old California Audio Sigma II tube output DAC. The DAC is just great for vocals but loses some on bass extension and slam, as well as space around instruments.

Jan 11, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #1,577 of 2,799
I'm saving up for the multibit upgrade of my original bifrost.
Should I get the USB upgrade as well?
I'm currently using coax on all my sources, but if the USB gen 2 (without wyrd) is as good or better then it would be nice to have that option.
So has anyone compared the USB vs coax on Bimby?

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #1,578 of 2,799
We have very similar configs, so I'm very interested in your thoughts :)

After playing this game for a while, I'm a big follower of the importance of synergy (and lack there of). This multi bit DAC is one of the few I'm filtering closely. But I'd like to hear how it sounds with the amp and phones (we have the same).

For the record, I'm currently usinga Gustard U12 to an old California Audio Sigma II tube output DAC. The DAC is just great for vocals but loses some on bass extension and slam, as well as space around instruments.

And the BiMBy is ordered! I repeat, the BiMBy is ordered!

Got FedEX overnight.

Jan 11, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #1,579 of 2,799

Got FedEX overnight.

Shhh your Girl friend will sense the Disturbance in the Force. My Wife refers to the Bimby as the other woman. Remember it needs a few hours of warm up for it to sound its best, oh yeah and Once you turn it on just leave it on unless you are moving cables etc. If leaving it on weights on your mind, Plant a tree and Hyper mile your way to work.

Welcome to the Club.

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #1,580 of 2,799

Got FedEX overnight.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
 nnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeee! I hope you enjoy it more than I have been doing it's all good best is that the wife does not even know as i just upgraded it from Uber to Bimby 

Jan 11, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #1,581 of 2,799
I'll be running almost everything from Tidal or ALAC rips in iTunes, so I don't think the switching issue is going to affect me much. Maybe down the line. I do have Fidelio and a very few hi-res audio tracks, but most of the music I listen to doesn't come in binaural or hi-res formats.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #1,582 of 2,799
  I'll be running almost everything from Tidal or ALAC rips in iTunes, so I don't think the switching issue is going to affect me much. Maybe down the line. I do have Fidelio and a very few hi-res audio tracks, but most of the music I listen to doesn't come in binaural or hi-res formats.

Tidal seems to be all 16/44.1. I never here it the Bimby click when using tidal. When Using Flac is where I here it switching depending on the bit rate. But as we can see from Baldr's last post there does not seem to be as many people with a persistent issue and all new MB's have the updated Software that may make it a moot point for you.

Jan 11, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #1,583 of 2,799
Tidal seems to be all 16/44.1. I never here it the Bimby click when using tidal. When Using Flac is where I here it switching depending on the bit rate. But as we can see from Baldr's last post there does not seem to be as many people with a persistent issue and all new MB's have the updated Software that may make it a moot point for you.

I'm just excited because with the new amp, for the first time and in uncomplicated passages, the sound now has shapes. It's the weirdest thing! I don't know how else to describe it. Going from HD650 to HE-500 and the Magni, the sound had definition, kind of like seeing Star Trek TNG in HD after only ever seeing it in standard definition. Going to the Polaris, (and probably a lot of Schiit amps higher in the range than Magni), the sound suddenly is 3D as well, especially for acoustic recorded sounds like real percussion.

Now I'm wondering what it will sound like when all the original samples are intact and not just approximations.

Now I'm just waiting for the thing to ship! I got the predictable fraud prevention call about the charge and told them that, yes, it is me and I did order this.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,584 of 2,799
Whoo-hoo! Shipped! Shooped! Schiipped?

I have an appointment at 1PM tomorrow, so I hope I don't miss the driver or that they'll leave the package.

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,588 of 2,799
Jan 11, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,590 of 2,799
I hope you enjoy it.  Let us know your thoughts after she burns in.

For sure. The thing is, I've only ever had the FiiO E7/E10 combo and the HRT MusicStreamer II+ before this, so this would be a big jump up just for Bifrost Uber, let alone BiMBy. I'd hate to spend $600 just to learn that I'm 'DAC-blind'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back