Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Apr 18, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #931 of 1,112
Just to add knowledge to the thread:
I took an elderly Lenovo T400 laptop (the next generation IBM Thinkpad [sigh, miss that brand]), added a 225GB SSD drive to it, installed MintOS 19.x Cinnamon (32-bit). It immediately recognized my EITR as a digital output. My overall experience is even better than plugging in my new Chromebook (that itself is no slouch). Schiit Audio, non-Microsoft-OS-support strikes again. It's nice. @SchiitFerBrainz (one of the techs at the vendor [reasonable dude]). Thanks, eh. :)

And here I was thinking I was the only one with one of those old T400s......

Apr 19, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #932 of 1,112
And here I was thinking I was the only one with one of those old T400s......
My T400's keyboard's shot (and I don't want to spend $80-90 CDN for a replacement)... the battery pack's long dead... my AC-DC power adapter failed long ago (and I've ended up buying scary-3rdparty-replacements from the local Computer store). When I started teaching, it was part of a subsidized purchasing plan with my school board. Heh, I don't know HOW it ended up here... as its prior owner was a corporate user in Saudi Arabia!

I believe this laptop benefits more from the EITR than my current Chromebook.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #933 of 1,112
Hey all,

I am not sure if this has been discussed, but I am wondering if the Eitr benefits, from being left on all the time, like my dacs the Mimby and Gumby?

Thanks for your time!

Wes

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #935 of 1,112
Jul 24, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #938 of 1,112
How does the topping d10/GUSTARD U12/compare to the Schiit Eitr?

Im looking at the Eitr but I can't tell what is different between these. I mostly listen to my 16 bit flac rips into my Bimby.

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #940 of 1,112
Dear All
I have been using Eitr for long without any trouble.
But for the last couple of days, I am having static/click sound occasionally.
Did you encounter this trouble?
Please suggests how to get rid of this problem.
TIA.

Nov 3, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #941 of 1,112
Dear All
I have been using Eitr for long without any trouble.
But for the last couple of days, I am having static/click sound occasionally.
Did you encounter this trouble?
Please suggests how to get rid of this problem.
TIA.
heat cut on in the last few days? If so you may be suffering from static electrical discharges. Add some humidity to the room to see if that eliminates the problem. Have just seen our temperatures drop over the last week here in Virginia
to where the heat is running and my hotel room yesterday at CAF was painfully lacking in humidity

Nov 4, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #942 of 1,112
heat cut on in the last few days? If so you may be suffering from static electrical discharges. Add some humidity to the room to see if that eliminates the problem. Have just seen our temperatures drop over the last week here in Virginia
to where the heat is running and my hotel room yesterday at CAF was painfully lacking in humidity

The temperature is not a problem here, now 22'C.
Anyway thanks for the reply.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #943 of 1,112
My Eitr stopped working the other day. It's cooked up via SPDIF to my Mimby. The Eitr powers on fine and my PC recognizes it, but I'm getting no audio--through speakers or headphones. I tried a different SPDIF cable and same result. If move the USB cable from the Eitr to the Mimby then I get sound.

I first noticed this shortly after a Windows 10 update, and thought it might have been a driver issue. Any thoughts?

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #944 of 1,112
My Eitr stopped working the other day. It's cooked up via SPDIF to my Mimby. The Eitr powers on fine and my PC recognizes it, but I'm getting no audio--through speakers or headphones. I tried a different SPDIF cable and same result. If move the USB cable from the Eitr to the Mimby then I get sound.

I first noticed this shortly after a Windows 10 update, and thought it might have been a driver issue. Any thoughts?
Check to make sure your output is not set to 32bit. Early batches of Eitr advertised to USB that they could accept 32bit streams and Windows probably sets the maximum, i.e. 32bit, but S/PDIF can't output 32bit, so no sound on the output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back