Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Jul 9, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #751 of 1,112
I couldn't find this information in the thread so I apologize if this has already been answered multiple times. I am guessing that the Modi 2 multibit does not have gen 5 USB so getting the Eitr would be beneficial. I am creating a stack for my office at work and I have no control over the workstation I am provided which led me to look into the eitr.

Thanks!
Yep, that's correct. The Eitr made a welcome improvement to my Mimby.

Jul 28, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #753 of 1,112
Aug 2, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #756 of 1,112
This looks very interesting guess I'll give it a try..

Aug 12, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #758 of 1,112
Anyone have a great 30cm or less coax cable suggestion available in EU/Germany?

I use Cordial cables for all my audio gear, but their shortest Coax cable is 1m.

I'm using the audioquest carbon it's .75 that's their shortest..

Aug 13, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #759 of 1,112
About to pull the trigger on the Etir to go with my Modi Multibit and Magni 3. Has anyone found a cable that keeps the stack compact and neat? Right now I am using the PYST cables that Schiit sells that are 6 inches and I like how it fits on my desk under my iMac.

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #761 of 1,112
About to pull the trigger on the Etir to go with my Modi Multibit and Magni 3. Has anyone found a cable that keeps the stack compact and neat? Right now I am using the PYST cables that Schiit sells that are 6 inches and I like how it fits on my desk under my iMac.
I got a 1' Blue Jeans SPDIF cable for my Eitr, but only after purchasing it did I learn that you can request shorter lengths eg. 6". The BJC SPDIF has the correct impedance to get the most out of the Eitr (I forget the precise number).

Aug 13, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #762 of 1,112
I got a 1' Blue Jeans SPDIF cable for my Eitr, but only after purchasing it did I learn that you can request shorter lengths eg. 6". The BJC SPDIF has the correct impedance to get the most out of the Eitr (I forget the precise number).

Nice, I emailed them about it actually, they are my go to cables besides Audioquest when I am on a time crunch. I guess I should get the more flexible one? I plan on putting the Etir right next to the Modi/Magni stack since if it stacked all of them it would be a little too tall under my iMac. I also plan on getting the floor wart to keep things nice and tidy.

Aug 13, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #763 of 1,112
I'm using BJC's Belden 1694A cable, 1 foot. I didn't know shorter lengths were available, at the time. This their "preferred" coax, less flexible than the 1505F, but I don't foresee moving it much. The 1505F might be better, radius-wise, for really short cables.

Aug 14, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #764 of 1,112
Nice, I emailed them about it actually, they are my go to cables besides Audioquest when I am on a time crunch. I guess I should get the more flexible one? I plan on putting the Etir right next to the Modi/Magni stack since if it stacked all of them it would be a little too tall under my iMac. I also plan on getting the floor wart to keep things nice and tidy.

I use the modi and the eitr under my iMac with th 6” BJC coax - the stiffer one I think. I used Blutack to stick the Schiit units to the desk next to each other facing forward. Without it the cable pushes them askew.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:07 PM Post #765 of 1,112
I use the modi and the eitr under my iMac with th 6” BJC coax - the stiffer one I think. I used Blutack to stick the Schiit units to the desk next to each other facing forward. Without it the cable pushes them askew.

I just put a rubber band around the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back