Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Apr 20, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #736 of 1,112
I have all the early Rolling Stones and two Stevie Ray Vaughn in 24/176. They all play fine through the Eitr.

Thanks for confirming. I will contact Schiit support.

May 10, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #737 of 1,112
Any one get the EITR to work at 176 kHz sampling rate? Mine will not. I have tried native 176 files and upsampling 88 files and neither work. All other frequencies work fine, including 88. I realize 176 is not a common frequency but it's the default DSD to PCM conversion.
I have the same problem and schiit did not response to my email yet

May 15, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #739 of 1,112
After troubleshooting, it was my dac1321 that was having trouble with 176. I added an iFi SPDIF iPurifier to the chain and that has solved all the issues. When I had the Mimby, it didn't need the iPurifier but the Soekris dac1321 does.

Jun 18, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #740 of 1,112
Schitt Eitr keeps dropping out, after a couple hours playing the Eitr drops off, check sound in control panel and eitr is no longer an option must reboot then. it comes back up anyone else having this issue ? or have a suggestion to fix ? it gets damn aggravating enjoying a listening session then static as it drops out then nothing

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #741 of 1,112
Schitt Eitr keeps dropping out, after a couple hours playing the Eitr drops off, check sound in control panel and eitr is no longer an option must reboot then. it comes back up anyone else having this issue ? or have a suggestion to fix ? it gets damn aggravating enjoying a listening session then static as it drops out then nothing

If you are on Windows, it might be turning off power to the port. See here:

https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.c...isable-power-management-on-windows-7-machines

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #742 of 1,112
I am on windows 10 with J-River as player, checked out thee link and adjusted power settings Thanks for the link, swapped usb cable as well also moved to another port per schiits recommendations

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #745 of 1,112
I have an Eitr -> Audio GD R2R-11 combo. When I select a track with a different sample rate, like going from 44.1 to 96 kHz, my Eitr temporarily "drops out". The power light turns off briefly, and I hear a pop/scratch from my DAC as the next track begins. I know the R2R-11 was initially a bit known for a popping sound when switching sample rates, but mine has the newer firmware that solved it and it also works perfectly with USB. Only with the Eitr in the chain do I get this issue.

Is this normal behavior for the Eitr when switching sample rates?

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #746 of 1,112
I have an Eitr -> Audio GD R2R-11 combo. When I select a track with a different sample rate, like going from 44.1 to 96 kHz, my Eitr temporarily "drops out". The power light turns off briefly, and I hear a pop/scratch from my DAC as the next track begins. I know the R2R-11 was initially a bit known for a popping sound when switching sample rates, but mine has the newer firmware that solved it and it also works perfectly with USB. Only with the Eitr in the chain do I get this issue.

Is this normal behavior for the Eitr when switching sample rates?
The "power" light is also a sync light... it goes off if the Eitr doesn't see a valid USB audio signal. It sounds like whatever you are using as a source has a lag problem in changing rates. Some players include an option to play a period of silence when switching rates, sounds like that's what you need enabled so that the Eitr can lock onto the new rate before it is sent music. Its not a problem I've seen with Raspberry Pi or Allo USBridge.

Jul 1, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #747 of 1,112
The "power" light is also a sync light... it goes off if the Eitr doesn't see a valid USB audio signal. It sounds like whatever you are using as a source has a lag problem in changing rates. Some players include an option to play a period of silence when switching rates, sounds like that's what you need enabled so that the Eitr can lock onto the new rate before it is sent music. Its not a problem I've seen with Raspberry Pi or Allo USBridge.

Thanks! My source is a MacBook Pro with Audirvana. I'll take a look at the settings and see if I can find something like that.

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #749 of 1,112
I couldn't find this information in the thread so I apologize if this has already been answered multiple times. I am guessing that the Modi 2 multibit does not have gen 5 USB so getting the Eitr would be beneficial. I am creating a stack for my office at work and I have no control over the workstation I am provided which led me to look into the eitr.

Thanks!

Jul 9, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #750 of 1,112
As far as I know you are correct about the Modi not having gen 5 usb board. I think it's too big which is why it's not in the new Lyr 3. The modi multibit with the Eitr is absolutely stunning. There are many who say that combo compares favorably to a gumby. I haven't heard a gumby but I'm floored at the sound quality upgrade provided by the multibit with Eitr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back