Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade
Nov 6, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #496 of 1,448
  Is difference of the Uber update audible?

Yes! big difference. Anyone that can not hear the difference, should buy some bose headphones, and be happy.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #497 of 1,448
   The owner tested it out for me and he connected it via USB 1.1. Obviously I don't want that
wink.gif

I don't believe there's anything wrong with USB 1.1 - a 24 bit 192khz audio stream is only 9 megabits per second. USB 1.1 tops out at 12 megabits per second, so you shouldn't experience any issues.

Nov 14, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #499 of 1,448
Hey guys I'm about to purchase the Schiit Bifrost to pair with me HE-500s and Lyr, but I want to give you my setup to see if its worth the 419 w/ Uber Analog.

As of right now I am playing music from my foobar2000 w/ WASAPI through my Creative Labs SB Titanium HD, then using Blue Jeans Canare RCA cable to the Lyr then my HE-500.

I have an Onkyo DV-SP1000 which plays SACD, and everything else...and I bought a Blue Jeans Canare opitcal coaxial cable when I do get a DAC. (I know the SACD will only be coming out PCM with this method)

I am not sure how good the DAC is in the Onkyo, when this player came out I think it was hand-built and retailed for thousands so I'm thinking it has to be somewhat decent. Since the only ouput that I have is a DMix (I think), it must be downmixing the music somehow out of a red/white RCA connection.

My computer is pretty loud, and since the HE-500s are so open I can hear it in the background when I listen to music which is why I'll be using the Onkyo player for music listening.

I've already tubed rolled the Lyr with Amperex Orange Globes.

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #500 of 1,448
  Hey guys I'm about to purchase the Schiit Bifrost to pair with me HE-500s and Lyr, but I want to give you my setup to see if its worth the 419 w/ Uber Analog.

As of right now I am playing music from my foobar2000 w/ WASAPI through my Creative Labs SB Titanium HD, then using Blue Jeans Canare RCA cable to the Lyr then my HE-500.

I have an Onkyo DV-SP1000 which plays SACD, and everything else...and I bought a Blue Jeans Canare opitcal coaxial cable when I do get a DAC. (I know the SACD will only be coming out PCM with this method)

I am not sure how good the DAC is in the Onkyo, when this player came out I think it was hand-built and retailed for thousands so I'm thinking it has to be somewhat decent. Since the only ouput that I have is a DMix (I think), it must be downmixing the music somehow out of a red/white RCA connection.

My computer is pretty loud, and since the HE-500s are so open I can hear it in the background when I listen to music which is why I'll be using the Onkyo player for music listening.

I've already tubed rolled the Lyr with Amperex Orange Globes.

Thanks!

The money might be better spent making that PC silent. Antec TrueQuiet case fans, SSD hard drive, fan controller unit for the GPU - water cooling system. In order to fully appreciate any increase in sound quality from audio gear when using open headphones, you want your noise floor to be as low as possible.

Nov 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #507 of 1,448
Don't know if anyone has tried this, but two Bifrosts, in a parallel configuration, reach deep into the recording, delivering its true essence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back