Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Jul 23, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #451 of 1,717
With their marketing and pricing I'd be amazed if there were any pre-order discount. With a pre-order you'd stll expect the 15 trial period, so what's the advantage to offering a discount?

Jul 23, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #452 of 1,717
The advantage would be an increased value due to the lower price, and that we'd be more likely to keep it past the 15 days. And come on, who doesn't want something for cheaper? Or heck, even a pair or two of decent monoprice RCA cables would be a nice gesture.

I guess I'm just used to PC games companies always throwing in free in-game items or extra maps whenever you pre-order their games. I suppose things are different in the audio equipment world. I'm still new to all of this.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #453 of 1,717
The Asgard comes with a nice accessories bundle that includes what looks like a nice gold plated IC so I'd expect all of their offerings to be similarly outfitted.

I think that they are having no trouble selling their high value product at what are extremely aggressive prices, I doubt that there will be many discounts to be had.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #454 of 1,717

The Asgard comes with a nice accessories bundle that includes what looks like a nice gold plated IC so I'd expect all of their offerings to be similarly outfitted.

I think that they are having no trouble selling their high value product at what are extremely aggressive prices, I doubt that there will be many discounts to be had.

I guess no one told them they could get away without it.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #455 of 1,717
Ohhh, looks like the Asgard B-stock are for sale now on their site.

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #456 of 1,717
Just got my new Asgard yesterday. I am totally impressed with this amp!! Sounds absolutely awesome!! I really feel this is the best Headphone Amp I have ever heard. It sounded great with the first CD that I played. An absolute steal for $249.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #457 of 1,717

Quote:
Ohhh, looks like the Asgard B-stock are for sale now on their site.

save $50...
but, no guarantee period.  and no telling exactly what the "small cosmetic blemishes" entails..
still tempting, tho... 
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #458 of 1,717
Every unit is probably different.  They are most likely little scratches that come with "normal" use, or perhaps some of the silkscreening gently rubbed off.  Probably nothing to worry about.  This is so tempting....but....I....must.....resist.....

Quote:
save $50...
but, no guarantee period.  and no telling exactly what the "small cosmetic blemishes" entails..
still tempting, tho... 
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #459 of 1,717
A B-Stock Schiit Asgard for $199 bucks you gotta be frakin' kidding me, to bad I just bought an amp-but I needed one with dac-usb connection for my computer. Still this is a very tempting price maybe have to do something later this year. Information on B-Stock Asgard under "Products" page for Asgard in Schiit website. Happy Listening.

Jul 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM Post #460 of 1,717
The Asgard is now backordered.  This was the sign I was looking for.  I was getting severe greed and buy-itis, so I'm glad I don't have the option to buy one now.  Dodged that bullet.

Jul 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #461 of 1,717

Quote:
The Asgard is now backordered.  This was the sign I was looking for.  I was getting severe greed and buy-itis, so I'm glad I don't have the option to buy one now.  Dodged that bullet.

At least for now.
wink_face.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #463 of 1,717
Hey everyone!

Yep, Asgard B-stock is now available as long as we have them. As you guessed, they're mainly returns. Most are pretty spiffy, cosmetic-wise, but we're not going to guarantee they are perfect. Every one of them is re-tested, re-burned, and meets all the specs of a "regular" Asgard. 

Regular production will be back in stock shortly after Valhalla ships, which is (still) looking just fine for August 15. We also *may* have a few regular production before that, if our metal guys can pull a few extra chassis to cover our board overstock.

After that, we're hoping for very few surprises on the "out of stock" side--we thought we'd built sufficient quantity for the first run, but our second run got delayed because a couple of critical parts went unavailable at exactly the wrong time. (Oh, the memories of single-source parts, back in the day . . .)

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jul 24, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #464 of 1,717

Quote:
still thinking about getting the valhalla as well?

Absolutely.  For $350, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a tube amp that performs as well (on paper at least).  I'm going to wait until I can read some impressions before ordering, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back