Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Jan 6, 2024 at 10:19 AM Post #62 of 307
Something that bridges the gap between the HE1 & HD8xx series. One of the main selling points (internally) of the HE1 was trickle down tech, how the high end headphones woudl benefit from all that was learned creating the HE1. Clearly BS - so far we've not seen any of that. T&A and other have stolen a march on Sennheiser Consumer in that space. So I'd like to see a range of Planar Magnetic headphones.

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:48 AM Post #64 of 307
Do you think maybe they are redesigning their headphones to not look like 1982?

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #65 of 307
Consumer Electronics Show - Consumer is the key word. Generally speaking, those on head-fi are not mass market consumers. We represent a very small segment of the consumer audio market. My guess is that Sennheiser will introduce some mass market bluetooth IEM's or something to compete with other popular full size BT headphones. As such, many of us will be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

Leo
While it's extremely likely to be a mass consumer product like a closed back 660
Even the He1 is consumer electronics as opposed to professional grade equipment. (Or medical or Military...)

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #68 of 307
HD800 pink edition with cat ears

Jan 6, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #69 of 307
Jan 6, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #70 of 307
If they shovel yet another mid-fi headphone it's gonna be boring

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #71 of 307
I really hope that successor of the HD800 will be revealed on Monday.
Anything else after all of this teasing/hype wil be disappointment really.

I also don’t believe that Sennheiser has any intentions to introduce successor of the HE-1 as of yet or to trickle down its technologies to cheaper model ever.

Anyhow, 2024 will be for sure exiciting year for headphone lovers :darthsmile:

Jan 6, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #72 of 307
Just an opinion. But it would be great if the HE-1 could be had an at affordable price for regular people like me who don't have 50K to spend in any given year. Like hear me out, they could sell the headphone and Amp/DAC separately or offer a payment options to pay monthly for the HE-1.
What I'm saying is that if they could bring the price down and take some of the 'expensive' stuff out while still retaining the core sound signature of the amp and headphone so that normal people who are not rich can afford it.
I own several pairs of Sennheiser's headphones like the HD820 and the HD800S and the original HD650 from a decade ago... I just don't see why Sennheiser would keep releasing headphones that don't live up to the HE-1 at an affordable price, but insist in re inventing the wheel so to speak for their HD series of headphones instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back