Save the date: a Sennheiser CES debut
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #31 of 307
Hello Head-Fi,

The Consumer Electronics Show ("CES") is nearly upon us, and we have a few technology-leaning announcements to make. We know most of you will not be able to attend CES, so we'll be livestreaming the our media event on January 8th at 12:30pm Pacific Time, live from Las Vegas.

You can click on the link below to join the fun on the 8th. Don't forget to subscribe and enable notifs, as we won't post the debuts here on the sponsored forums until we get back from CES:

Sennheiser YouTube channel

Viva Las Vegas!
Looking forward to watching it, and here's to great success out there!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #32 of 307
Jan 5, 2024 at 4:29 PM Post #34 of 307
dont-give-me-hope.gif

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:22 PM Post #36 of 307
HD900 ? Forget it. Implausible.
Anything electrostatic? Hahaha...

The closed back HD600 or 560 series headphone is already a public secret, so I'm fully expecting that to be announced. Some TWS earbuds and maybe new mics.. That's it.

Although I gotta say- Sennheiser cannot complain they don't get much feedback about what people expect from them.
Money printing products already suggested multiple times over.

Just please don't overshoot the MSRP, like with HD660S2 and then complain about slow sales:relieved:

Jan 5, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #37 of 307
Sennheiser will announce that they will finally stop subsidizing the U.S. market (low prices, frequent sales, marketing events) on the back of EU consumers (pretty much zero sales, higher prices in EU for EU-manufactured products).
Just like Focal or almost any other EU brand. But that's how it is. It's still hard to understand why is it worth selling for less in the USA after adding shipping costs, import taxes, etc. When a US company does it, understandable, but not the other way around...

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:32 PM Post #40 of 307
If there would be anything new, it would be like the 660 S2. The original 660 was the result of the idea to save the HD 700 drivers sacrificing the HD 600 magic, for double the price. Nothing really new (the HD660 S2), just fine tuning an existing design (HD660) for double the price. Let's hope I'm too pessimistic about the innovation in Europe. When was the last (really) new design of an over ear Hi-Fi headphone from Sennheiser? Even the HD600 was just the fine tuning of the 580, etc. Maybe the HD560S with less treble? Or the screwed up 8XX with an OK tuning instead? Or the latest trend of flagships for 5-6-7000 USD / EUR for a strange FR, but recently most brands build their flagships from quality materials (wood, metal, carbon fibre, leather), but Sennheiser builds from cheap (but durable) plastic that could not be sold for such amount...

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #41 of 307
If there would be anything new, it would be like the 660 S2. The original 660 was the result of the idea to save the HD 700 drivers sacrificing the HD 600 magic, for double the price. Nothing really new (the HD660 S2), just fine tuning an existing design (HD660) for double the price. Let's hope I'm too pessimistic about the innovation in Europe. When was the last (really) new design of an over ear Hi-Fi headphone from Sennheiser? Even the HD600 was just the fine tuning of the 580, etc. Maybe the HD560S with less treble? Or the screwed up 8XX with an OK tuning instead? Or the latest trend of flagships for 5-6-7000 USD / EUR for a strange FR, but recently most brands build their flagships from quality materials (wood, metal, carbon fibre, leather), but Sennheiser builds from cheap (but durable) plastic that could not be sold for such amount...

If they made an HD900 that more closely followed Harman + lower distortion + more bass punch I'd be stoked as hell. You never know, 15 years is a long time to tinker and develop :)

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #42 of 307
If they made an HD900 that more closely followed Harman + lower distortion + more bass punch I'd be stoked as hell. You never know, 15 years is a long time to tinker and develop :)
Going based on IE900, I don't think they will follow the Harman target. Sennnheiser have their own sound philosophy.

Jan 5, 2024 at 9:54 PM Post #45 of 307
So the obvious contender is the HD 620S closed back. Which I suspect (based on them saying it's 150 ohm) will use the same driver as the original HD660S. My original thinking would be that they'd try to get as close to a 600/650/6XX/660S/660S2 type tuning as possible within a closed back, given how there's a good number of folks who would love HD600 tuning but with the isolation of a closed back - but given how different the HD800 and HD820 are tuned it could be quite a different beast to the 600 series, for better or worse.

But they mention products plural, so maybe there's something else coming too. What I'd love to see: A cheaper electrostat, or maybe even a planar. An HD900/or improvement on the HD800/HD800S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back