Save BIG on our retuned AEON Flow Headphones; Only $499
May 10, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #61 of 260
@mrspeakers
All of the graphs and insight are great. Really appreciate the extra effort. Interested to know your thoughts on the below though...

If you had to recommend one Open and one Closed from the Aeon collection - but were only able to select a style from the Aeon/AeonRT category, and a different style from the Aeon2 category - which would you personally end up with (i.e., Open from Aeon/AeonRT and Closed from Aeon2.). Hope that makes sense.

Also wanted to ask if you have ever considered, or checked on the feasibility of offering custom/other paint colors on the Aeon cups for an upcharge. Think it would be nice to have a semi-custom offering.

Thank you.

May 12, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #62 of 260
@mrspeakers
All of the graphs and insight are great. Really appreciate the extra effort. Interested to know your thoughts on the below though...

If you had to recommend one Open and one Closed from the Aeon collection - but were only able to select a style from the Aeon/AeonRT category, and a different style from the Aeon2 category - which would you personally end up with (i.e., Open from Aeon/AeonRT and Closed from Aeon2.). Hope that makes sense.

Also wanted to ask if you have ever considered, or checked on the feasibility of offering custom/other paint colors on the Aeon cups for an upcharge. Think it would be nice to have a semi-custom offering.

Thank you.

Well for myself the A2 are preferable vs the RT both for sound and portability, but the RT narrowed the gap. So it’ll be more of a budget/value decision. the Newer driver design of A2 does things I like, but of course that’s the 2nd gen so you’d expect I would try to distill it further to my preferred voicing.

Custom colors = custom paint amd we use top of the line auto paint, where a pint is the minimum. Between that and setting up to run paint on one set of parts It’d cost a fortune.

Last edited:
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 12, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #63 of 260
Well for myself the A2 are preferable vs the RT both for sound and portability, but the RT narrowed the gap. So it’ll be more of a budget/value decision. the Newer driver design of A2 does things I like, but of course that’s the 2nd gen so you’d expect I would try to distill it further to my preferred voicing.

Custom colors = custom paint amd we use top of the line auto paint, where a pint is the minimum. Between that and setting up to run paint on one set of parts It’d cost a fortune.

@mrspeakers thank you for the additional insight!

May 12, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #64 of 260
@mrspeakers Just a shoutout to Sue. I placed an order for AFRTO and I had a minor error (typo on my e-mail address that I didn't catch until too late) and it was a bit of an issue because she couldn't just change it to my correct e-mail because I already had an account with you guys. Anyways, she got me squared away super quick and made sure I got the tracking info as well. Really appreciate her responsiveness. Excited to get 'em!

May 12, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #65 of 260
@mrspeakers Just a shoutout to Sue. I placed an order for AFRTO and I had a minor error (typo on my e-mail address that I didn't catch until too late) and it was a bit of an issue because she couldn't just change it to my correct e-mail because I already had an account with you guys. Anyways, she got me squared away super quick and made sure I got the tracking info as well. Really appreciate her responsiveness. Excited to get 'em!

Sue's a real trooper! And she's pulling all this off from home. :) I'll pass on your kind words.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 14, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #66 of 260
Good to know, thanks!

Similar question, how would a Schiit Asgard 2/Bifrost match up with the AEON Flow RT Closed?

Also, I prefer a cloth covered ear pads (I really enjoy my Dekoni Audio Elite Velour ear pads). I wear my headphones all day at my desk and get a little sweaty, are cloth covered ear pads available?
a2bimbi.jpg

It's a match! Plenty of headroom at low gain. But most importantly, it sounds really good.

May 14, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #68 of 260
@mrspeakers Did you add bass ports to the Aeon RT like with the Aeon 2 or is the re-tuning internal?

AEON Flow always had a port, we simply changed how we were damping it. But also internal materials changed in the closed.

May 18, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #71 of 260
@mrspeakers Just received my Aeon Flow Retuned Closed and I really love them! I noticed that they don't have the new perforated ear pads on them, which I thought was a mistake, but rereading the closed vs open pages the closed don't say anything about the new pads where the open do. Any reason you decided to put the perforated pads on the open retuned but not the closed? Just curious, I still think my pair sound great. Thanks!

May 18, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #72 of 260
@mrspeakers Just received my Aeon Flow Retuned Closed and I really love them! I noticed that they don't have the new perforated ear pads on them, which I thought was a mistake, but rereading the closed vs open pages the closed don't say anything about the new pads where the open do. Any reason you decided to put the perforated pads on the open retuned but not the closed? Just curious, I still think my pair sound great. Thanks!
And I couldn't help myself had to pick up a set of the AFRTO.....my gf is going to hate me lol.

May 18, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #74 of 260
Get one for her too! Perhaps an AFRTC?
Oh she has free reign over all of my cans. I want to give these a try first then I'll look at getting her a set I was going to get her a set of LCD2Cs but man idk if she would enjoy them because they are so heavy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back