Save BIG on our retuned AEON Flow Headphones; Only $499
May 19, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #76 of 260
It might be an option she is just finding out nice headphones can sound huge compared to what what she grew up with. She just put on my LCD2CBs the other day and her eyes went wide with surprise. She was saying she could hear things behind her in music.

May 20, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #77 of 260
As part of our Hel Yeah headphone, dac/amp, microphone bundle we retuned our classic AEON Flow headphones, giving a more "Harmon Curve" response to the open, while boosting bass on the closed.

A lot of people have been asking for us to release just the headphone without the bundle, so voila! AEON Flow RT are now available on our store.

Originally $799.99, the AEON Flow RT Open and Closed headphones with your choice of dual 1/4-3.5mm or 4-pin XLR cables are now just $499.99, so for the first time our made-in-USA new headphones are available below $500, while supplies last.

Hi, what is the best, fastest and cheapest way to order them from Europa?

May 20, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #79 of 260
Best bet is to reach out to Dan Clark Audio and see if there are any authorized resllers in your area. I couldn't see any on the website. There are a few reviews out there where the Aeon and Aeon 2 are compared to hifiman so if you are on the fence I'd start there. For me I made a choice a year ago to buy LCD2CBs instead of the Aeons because I wanted that big bass slam. Now that these are on sale and I don't have to make that hard choice I jumped on them.

May 20, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #80 of 260
Hi, what is the best, fastest and cheapest way to order them from Europa?

This model is available only direct from our store.

Sorry, but Dan Clark Audio is totally unknown to me. How does the the model that is presented here compare to Sundara, which I may relate to? I mainly listen to classics and jazzz, but want more bass than what Sundara provides.

Forum rules preclude me from making direct comparisons, and honestly even if I could I don't know much about the Sundara from direct experience. What I can say is both the open and closed retuned AEONs have more bass than the originals, and unless you want a "bass-head" headphone, there should be plenty there. The open has more bass, if you don't require a closed headphone for privacy/noise issues.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 20, 2020 at 7:43 PM Post #81 of 260
Sorry, but Dan Clark Audio is totally unknown to me. How does the the model that is presented here compare to Sundara, which I may relate to? I mainly listen to classics and jazzz, but want more bass than what Sundara provides.
The last time I listened to Sundaras I felt the bass was fairly lean. If my friend still has their pair I'll compare it to the retuned aeon closed when I get in the mail tomorrow. While it won't be a direct comparison due to the "open vs closed" I remember the original aeon sounding pretty open for a closed back. I haven't heard the original aeon for like half a year though. While Dan Clark Audio is fresh via the rebrand, the old Mr. Speakers brand has quite the following and was always known for making really fantastic headphones at pretty good prices.

May 21, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #82 of 260
The last time I listened to Sundaras I felt the bass was fairly lean. If my friend still has their pair I'll compare it to the retuned aeon closed when I get in the mail tomorrow. While it won't be a direct comparison due to the "open vs closed" I remember the original aeon sounding pretty open for a closed back. I haven't heard the original aeon for like half a year though. While Dan Clark Audio is fresh via the rebrand, the old Mr. Speakers brand has quite the following and was always known for making really fantastic headphones at pretty good prices.
Thanks, I appreciate your response and would love to hear your comparative impressions between them two. I like the design of Aeon Flow, especially the red Aeon flow 2 red, which appeal to me as they look more feminine than Hifiman. Ethers and Hifiman are form him, MrSpeaker, flows for her, MissSpeaker. Moreover, Flows are foldable, very portable and build quality seems excellent. I am exited! My English is far from fluent and I cant put my finger on the meaning of "returned" in this context. What does Dan Clark exactly mean by this is a "returned" model? RT?

May 21, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #83 of 260
Thanks, I appreciate your response and would love to hear your comparative impressions between them two. I like the design of Aeon Flow, especially the red Aeon flow 2 red, which appeal to me as they look more feminine than Hifiman. Ethers and Hifiman are form him, MrSpeaker, flows for her, MissSpeaker. Moreover, Flows are foldable, very portable and build quality seems excellent. I am exited! My English is far from fluent and I cant put my finger on the meaning of "returned" in this context. What does Dan Clark exactly mean by this is a "returned" model? RT?
They changed the frequency response to bring up bass and looks like changed the treble response. I am buying it because it looks like it'll complement my audezes very nicely without a huge change to what I'm like to listen to in a headphone.

May 21, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #85 of 260
They changed the frequency response to bring up bass and looks like changed the treble response. I am buying it because it looks like it'll complement my audezes very nicely without a huge change to what I'm like to listen to in a headphone.
Which Audeze do you own and what characteristics of Aeon Flow makes it a good complement to your Audezes? I have a AH-D7200 and would like to complement it something with improved mids, strings and vocal performance, yet with more bass than Sundara.

May 21, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #86 of 260
I have the LCD2CB and iSine 10, I don't know the cans you have but what I am looking for is more open than my LCDs with an over ear but still something that digs deeps with resolution like they do. I have the hifiman 4xx as well and I like the openness but they don't have the impact of my audezes. They also aren't comfortable to me.

May 21, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #87 of 260
This model is available only direct from our store.

Forum rules preclude me from making direct comparisons, and honestly even if I could I don't know much about the Sundara from direct experience. What I can say is both the open and closed retuned AEONs have more bass than the originals, and unless you want a "bass-head" headphone, there should be plenty there. The open has more bass, if you don't require a closed headphone for privacy/noise issues.
Thank you for your response. Ok, I understand, thus, the only way to get the RT version is to order them from your official page and thus import them from your warehouse located in the US to Sweden. I wish there were a red version of them that looks as gorgeous as Flow 2. Moreover, a closed foldable Flow RT would be perfect for me as I am pretty much on the go between Europa and the far East. Maybe Flow 2 for me, but are they as well tuned as RT with respect to bass and treble?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back