SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Oct 10, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #1,021 of 1,214
Oct 10, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #1,023 of 1,214
Meanwhile, on another sad note, horrible news keeps coming from Ukraine. The downtown of Kharkiv is hit by the aggressor again killing civilians including a 10 year old child 😢 And this is the next day after killing 50 civilians including a 6 year old boy in Kupyansk not far from Kharkiv.

I know it's a headphone thread. But it's hard to ignore what's going on in the country and city where the headphone is made and shipped from. It's hard to fathom the horrible situation people have to deal with living and working under these terrifying conditions.
Hi, thank you for the reminder, I really share your same concern...needless to say we all hope this will come to an end soon.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,024 of 1,214
Sash Tres SE Zebrano

IMG_20231011_151829_289.jpg

Oct 12, 2023 at 4:58 AM Post #1,025 of 1,214
Does anyone know which the specs differences are vs the first version? Thanks

Oct 15, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #1,026 of 1,214
This is what Sash has to say about this himself on his facebook page:

A new model of headphones Sash Tres SE (Second Edition) is being developed. Sash Tres SE will absorb all the best that is in the previous models and will become even more interesting. The magnetic system and membrane have been redesigned, the sensitivity of the headphones will be increased. This will make it more comfortable to listen to headphones on portable devices.

Oct 18, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,027 of 1,214
Sash Tres SE's arrived today, I will share some first impressions here below:)

tres se 1.jpg

The box is really nice, Plywood and seems solid. No complaints with that. I like the design.

tres se 2.jpg

Got mine with Purple color and S grill. Build quality is what i expected coming from OG 16 Ohm's, Very sturdy. Grills are held with 6x screws this time around.
Other differences: Cable is thicker than it used to be and clamp force might be bit more firm, But that's probably because pads are fresh. Also piece where connectors are has turned bit more sleek.

tres se 3.jpg

Here's closeup from that beautiful magnet array.

I plugged them in my Aune S6 Pro balanced port and started listening. If you thought original 16Ohm Tres sounded big and impressive, You are in for a treat with these. Soundstage for days but still impressively intimate at the same time. Also low-end is extremely satisfying without being overpowering.

If i had to describe the sound after a quick session with these in one word: Big.

Will be spending much more time listening these and updating my thought's along the way. But everyone who has them coming your way, Get ready!
Cheers!

Oct 18, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #1,028 of 1,214
Sash Tres SE's arrived today, I will share some first impressions here below:)

The box is really nice, Plywood and seems solid. No complaints with that. I like the design.

Got mine with Purple color and S grill. Build quality is what i expected coming from OG 16 Ohm's, Very sturdy. Grills are held with 6x screws this time around.
Other differences: Cable is thicker than it used to be and clamp force might be bit more firm, But that's probably because pads are fresh. Also piece where connectors are has turned bit more sleek.

Here's closeup from that beautiful magnet array.

I plugged them in my Aune S6 Pro balanced port and started listening. If you thought original 16Ohm Tres sounded big and impressive, You are in for a treat with these. Soundstage for days but still impressively intimate at the same time. Also low-end is extremely satisfying without being overpowering.

If i had to describe the sound after a quick session with these in one word: Big.

Will be spending much more time listening these and updating my thought's along the way. But everyone who has them coming your way, Get ready!
Cheers!
Very nice! Sasha will ship my Tres SE next week, so still long wait ahead.

Oct 19, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #1,029 of 1,214

Listen to them for a few days and your ears will get used to the sound. But going back to 16Ohm after SE will be difficult, you will always miss the scene, attack and detail on the HF in the 16Ohm version.

Oct 27, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #1,030 of 1,214
First impressions (non sound related) and compared a bit to the SASH OG:
  • What a beautiful headphone! Can surely see that Sasha has spent the time to make it into a work of art. I'm very impressed!
  • Rod adjustments are easier now, still feels very familiar. With my SASH OG I had to remove the headband screws first, now I can used the supplied hex-screwdriver to make the adjustments.
  • The new headband is a clamper! Will that change over time? It's really pressing on my skull from the sides.
  • Has the cable changed? The sleeving feels different/better. I still prefer to use braided cables since they offer less microphonics
I'll be wearing these during work today to get a bit more familiar with them. If the clamping stays as strong as it is I might swap the headbands between the 2 SASH'es.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #1,031 of 1,214
First impressions (non sound related) and compared a bit to the SASH OG:
  • What a beautiful headphone! Can surely see that Sasha has spent the time to make it into a work of art. I'm very impressed!
  • Rod adjustments are easier now, still feels very familiar. With my SASH OG I had to remove the headband screws first, now I can used the supplied hex-screwdriver to make the adjustments.
  • The new headband is a clamper! Will that change over time? It's really pressing on my skull from the sides.
  • Has the cable changed? The sleeving feels different/better. I still prefer to use braided cables since they offer less microphonics
I'll be wearing these during work today to get a bit more familiar with them. If the clamping stays as strong as it is I might swap the headbands between the 2 SASH'es.
You can adjust that headband little bit to make it wider.

Oct 29, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #1,035 of 1,214
Any audio impressions?

I am expecting mine next week.
No none yet. I might do a review or a comparison between og and de next week. Might turn out to be too lazy and do neither :wink:

For those that are familiar with sash très, you will feel right at home, it's an evolution of the former headphones he made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back