SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Aug 24, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #991 of 1,214
Maybe @Alexsan could share his experience in this regard. It will probably take several months for the new model reviews to show up.
For me, the distribution of weight in these headphones allows me to forget about them when they are on my head. I can say that the additional ~40 grams of weight compared to the 45 Ohm model is imperceptible in practice. I wouldn't worry about it. But we get more powerful magnets that positively affect the sound. I believe that this is a fair deal and, honestly, for the sake of such a sound, I was ready even for an additional 60-80 grams 😉

P.S. 3 days ago I received my DAP Hiby R6 Pro II. I was a little worried if it would have enough power for the Sash Tres SE. But as it turned out, my worries were in vain.
In short, the player: an excellent device. My top musicality (1 bit) ESS9018 was beaten by this device.
First of all, the scale of the presentation and the processing of minor overtones and overtones are striking, even after a stationary source I began to hear a lot of new things in familiar tracks.
Very comfortable feed with a slight slope in the lower mids and lows.
Sash Tres SE pulls at high gain without any problems. At 80% volume, the impact of the bass drum is felt as a beat on the head.
The sound is chic, reminiscent of the scale of presentation and elaboration of details of the stationary r2r DAC Dynafrips Ares II and Chord Gungnir

The unity of the feed is also striking, where the ear was cut on other HF sources - they don’t cut it here. In general, if someone chooses a DAP for Sash Tres, Hiby R6 Pro II is a great option.

Attachments

• PSX_20230824_202530.jpg
    PSX_20230824_202530.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • PSX_20230824_202614.jpg
    PSX_20230824_202614.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #993 of 1,214
I was planning to buy some hifiman soon... but these headphones look beautiful.
Believe me, compared to Sash Tres (regular, or SE), any Hifiman headphones lack the mass and depth of low-frequency study

Aug 30, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #994 of 1,214
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #996 of 1,214
Just to follow up, Sasha told me the Audeze headband is not compatible. But he said can make it work if you send it to him. As for comfort, I read somewhere that it doesn't distribute the headphone weight very well. So even though it looks very cool, I guess it's a pass.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #997 of 1,214
Just to follow up, Sasha told me the Audeze headband is not compatible. But he said can make it work if you send it to him. As for comfort, I read somewhere that it doesn't distribute the headphone weight very well. So even though it looks very cool, I guess it's a pass.

Honestly with the stock headband the Tres are very comfortable headphones. I have no complaints

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #998 of 1,214
Honestly with the stock headband the Tres are very comfortable headphones. I have no complaints
I will say more: even Sash Tres CE, which weigh more, with a stock headband, does not cause any discomfort during prolonged listening. Very comfortable and headphones for my head.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #999 of 1,214
I will say more: even Sash Tres CE, which weigh more, with a stock headband, does not cause any discomfort during prolonged listening. Very comfortable and headphones for my head.
So, what ohm rating is the SE model? And can you pick the type of wood?

And what exactly does the SE improve over the regular Tres model?

Thank you.

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #1,000 of 1,214
One more question: Do any SASH owners also have the HiFiman HE6se V2's? Just wondering how you would compare them?

I have gone through many planar's (just sold a pair of Quad ERA-1's last week) over the last couple of years and none have close to my V2's.

Thanks.

Aug 31, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #1,001 of 1,214
So, what ohm rating is the SE model? And can you pick the type of wood?

And what exactly does the SE improve over the regular Tres model?
Here you can read my review of these headphones and compare them with others. Also read a few pages after my review; there are some clarifications to members' questions.

One more question: Do any SASH owners also have the HiFiman HE6se V2's? Just wondering how you would compare them?
At the end of my review there is a comparison with the Hifiman Arya and HE1000.
And can you pick the type of wood?
Yes, you can order any wood color on https://www.sash-audio.com/

Aug 31, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #1,002 of 1,214
Here you can read my review of these headphones and compare them with others. Also read a few pages after my review; there are some clarifications to members' questions.

At the end of my review there is a comparison with the Hifiman Arya and HE1000.

Yes, you can order any wood color on https://www.sash-audio.com/
Thanks for the reply. I did read your review. I had hoped that more people had them by now.

So, you just pick the colour you want your wood painted, not the wood type. And they are 25 Ohm.

I was wondering specifically about the HE6se V2's. They are an unusual headphone.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,003 of 1,214
Only wood type is oak. You can chose the varnish and colour.
I owned a he6sev1 and compared to that the OG 16ohm très is leaner but at least the membrane never got stuck. Something that happened with 3 he6se v1's to me. Très is more comfortable and feels like the labour of love

The he6se... not a fan of anything but the sound.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #1,004 of 1,214
Thanks for the reply. I did read your review. I had hoped that more people had them by now.

So, you just pick the colour you want your wood painted, not the wood type. And they are 25 Ohm.

I was wondering specifically about the HE6se V2's. They are an unusual headphone.
You can actually choose a different type of wood. But it would cost more. You just need to talk to Sasha about it.

Aug 31, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,005 of 1,214

It doesn't look like anyone else has the new model yet. Or maybe they just haven't shared their impressions yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back