SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Aug 31, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #1,006 of 1,214
It doesn't look like anyone else has the new model yet. Or maybe they just haven't shared their impressions yet.
The new model has so far been made in a single copy and I have it. Now Alexander has Tres SE in his work, but they will be with their owners, not earlier than in a month, including delivery.

Aug 31, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #1,008 of 1,214
A striking example is the a cappella track “Brothers in Arms” performed by Club For Five

Quite a track...

I could feel the vocals crawling up the back of my neck at points.

Sep 6, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #1,010 of 1,214
Cool! Looks like my review is being featured on the Headfi home page.

Sep 9, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #1,011 of 1,214
Got a small update from the man himself, I do like the color alot!

Attachments

• sash tres se first pic.jpg
    sash tres se first pic.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 9, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #1,013 of 1,214
Stop tempting me with these photos ...

I kinda wish Sasha had given me a heads-up that he's releasing a new model (the SE) imminently. When I ordered back in June I would have happily waited a couple more months if that got me into the new one.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #1,017 of 1,214
Meanwhile, I am experimenting and trying to improve the headband comfort. And although the weight distribution is good, after long listening sessions, I notice the hard leather strap eventually starts pushing down in the middle spot of my head. So I am trying to see if the self adhesive foam makes any sense to mitigate this. It's definitely much softer now. Maybe not the most elegant solution. But it's not too bad. And I can always take it off easily.

20231005_232321.jpg

20231005_232550.jpg

Oct 6, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #1,018 of 1,214
Meanwhile, on another sad note, horrible news keeps coming from Ukraine. The downtown of Kharkiv is hit by the aggressor again killing civilians including a 10 year old child 😢 And this is the next day after killing 50 civilians including a 6 year old boy in Kupyansk not far from Kharkiv.

I know it's a headphone thread. But it's hard to ignore what's going on in the country and city where the headphone is made and shipped from. It's hard to fathom the horrible situation people have to deal with living and working under these terrifying conditions.

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #1,019 of 1,214
horrible news keeps coming from Ukraine

When I ordered/purchased my Tres earlier this year, it was primarily for selfish reasons (gear acquisition syndrome) and I won't pretend otherwise, but in some small way I was also motivated to inject a bit of money into the Ukrainian economy. I know a couple hundred Euro is inconsequential compared to the wanton destruction and war crimes being inflicted on that country, but hopefully it moves the needle for at least a few people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back