SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Nov 1, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #496 of 1,093

Good to go, i used WinZip like you said. Cheers
Quote:
@Guidostrunk I had the same problem. What you need is to unzip the file.  You can get a free (well, evaluation period) copy of WinZip here. If you're on a Mac, the software is Stuffit. Once you've done that, it goes like a dream.

And now I'm a believer. The sound is amazing.

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #498 of 1,093
RB Clip+  --> Yuin PK3

This matchbox sized player and generic looking earbud combo goes everywhere with me these days.

Can't get enough 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 13, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #499 of 1,093

Quote:
Quote:
the proof of the pudding is in the reading, not the writing. the problems with fake flash arrive when you try to use the data that is allegedly on it.
it's a 32gb card, no? 

When I said it worked I mean it worked in my Clip+... and yes I know why fake cards are as much as they are - hence I wouldn't buy one.
But this one I have sitting here is actually working, who knows for how long though.

wow that's quite amazing. Fakes are actually improving
floatsmile.png
! Quite heartening actually.
So all 30gb of songs on that card works?

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #500 of 1,093
I have been using Rockbox on my Clip+ for a month or so.
Since 3 days I have a hifiman RE0 and before I had Brainwavz M1, not using an amp. I just realize how good it is when I use the original interface and just don't want that crappy interface anymore. But now I discovered something that really worries me. I could hear artifacts befor with 160kbit ogg and even on higher bitrate mp3's when there was a silence during a song. I did not care about it, because it is possible of course. My equipment just lets me notice it.
Now I even notice some hiss with 1 FLAC file in particular. The song is Blowing in the wind and it just sounds so damn harsch, like resonance when you start speaking in a microphone.
I thiught somehow the file must be corrupt, so recoded the song from CD and put it on the player again. Same thing... Then I tried the original player/interface and none of that resonance but a small background noisy sound that is just barely noticable.
Anybody had this before? Is there a cure?

UPDATE: I converted the flac to a 400kbit Wavpack and that has none of the resonance, noise or harshness. I find this a bit troublesome. The harshness with the original flac and rockbox also is audible with my sennheiser hd201.

Nov 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #503 of 1,093
I still have problems with rockbox. The song Lay Lady Lay buzzes when Dylan puts some power in his voice whether the file is a flac, musepack, wavpack, ogg or mp3. None of that on the original firmware. Is my clip+ broken? There must be someone else with this problem, this just is too obvious to miss if anyone had this.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #504 of 1,093

Quote:
I still have problems with rockbox. The song Lay Lady Lay buzzes when Dylan puts some power in his voice whether the file is a flac, musepack, wavpack, ogg or mp3. None of that on the original firmware. Is my clip+ broken? There must be someone else with this problem, this just is too obvious to miss if anyone had this.

Could be a bad rip.

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #505 of 1,093

Quote:
Quote:

Could be a bad rip.

The thing is that when I play the file on my clip+ using rockbox I can hear it, but not when I start in the original clip+ firmware/mode by pressing left when starting the player. So something in my settings, I did not change anything are doing it or there is a problem with either my installation or my player. I just installed the 3.7.1 update and that version has the same problem.

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #506 of 1,093

Quote:

what if you turn down you precut in EQ ? does it make any difference.
i have found the clip+ rockbox is a little grainy in the mids and with my RE-ZEROs which have forward mids, this can show up with some albums (although i wouldnt refer to it as buzzing).
i prefer my brainwavz M2s with the clip+.

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #507 of 1,093

Quote:
what if you turn down you precut in EQ ? does it make any difference.
i have found the clip+ rockbox is a little grainy in the mids and with my RE-ZEROs which have forward mids, this can show up with some albums (although i wouldnt refer to it as buzzing).
i prefer my brainwavz M2s with the clip+.

The Precut is at 0dB, I will try to lower it, but why the hell does it sound different on the sansa firmware? Grainy could be the would, it just seems that when it occurs, the earphones make a crunching, scratching, slightly buzzing sound.

UPDATE: I increased or decreased the precut to -3.5dB and now it is no longer an issue. At 2.5 I can barely hear it but it is still there. -3dB might suffice.

THANK YOU. I really liked everything else about rockbox, but this issue was too big to keep on using it. Now I can :).

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #508 of 1,093
Your Welcome.
It really sounded like clipping to me.
Also the more you up your gain in EQ, the more precut you will need.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #509 of 1,093
I've never adjusted the precut, I just enable the "prevent clipping" in the replaygain menu.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #510 of 1,093
I am planning to get the Sansa Clip+ and pair it with iBasso D2+ boa as my portable rig set up. But i cant help but notice the headphone jack of the Clip+ is actually at the side, not top nor bottom. If i plug in a mini-mini interconnect between the Clip+ and the D2+ boa, wont the cable be in a very awkward position? I mean, comparing to fuze where it heaphone jack is at the bottom. If any one of you have similar set up, mind to post a couple of photos here?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back