SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Aug 9, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #919 of 1,093
Thanks Saratoga for clearing the doubt. I mainly use clip + with all effects off .. I use very slight eq change for that I don't think i need rockbox, Also i like UI of OF .. it is pretty easy for me .. for high tuning i use my cowon d2+..

Sent from Android a Gooogle Product :)

Aug 17, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #922 of 1,093
I used the Rockbox utility to Rockbox my brand new SanDisk Sansa Clip+ and everything worked just fine. The problem that I am having is that I am getting extremely poor battery life and I have no idea why (even though I am fully charging the Clip+ and it is reading well over 15 hours of battery life left). I used my Clip+ 3 times last week for a total of 3 hours, and when I turned the Clip+ on to use it again, the battery was basically dead. The same thing happened the week before as well. I am making sure that I power down the Sansa Clip+ once I am done with it, so that shouldn't be the issue at all.

Is there anything else I am missing or doing wrong? It almost seems as-if the Sansa Clip+ battery is draining rapidly even when I'm not using it.

Any help given on this matter would be great.

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #923 of 1,093
@Illustrator76 - I think you just have a faulty battery, the battery should not discharge so quickly.  I get around 10-11hrs on my Clip+.  In the past, I have fully charged it and not used it for a couple of months and the battery life was at something like 98% when I switched it back on.

Aug 18, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #924 of 1,093
  @Illustrator76 - I think you just have a faulty battery, the battery should not discharge so quickly.  I get around 10-11hrs on my Clip+.  In the past, I have fully charged it and not used it for a couple of months and the battery life was at something like 98% when I switched it back on.

That is what I am thinking. I am going to exchange it for a new one and see if I get the same results.

Thanks for the response!

Aug 19, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #925 of 1,093
  I used the Rockbox utility to Rockbox my brand new SanDisk Sansa Clip+ and everything worked just fine. The problem that I am having is that I am getting extremely poor battery life and I have no idea why (even though I am fully charging the Clip+ and it is reading well over 15 hours of battery life left). I used my Clip+ 3 times last week for a total of 3 hours, and when I turned the Clip+ on to use it again, the battery was basically dead. The same thing happened the week before as well. I am making sure that I power down the Sansa Clip+ once I am done with it, so that shouldn't be the issue at all.

Is there anything else I am missing or doing wrong? It almost seems as-if the Sansa Clip+ battery is draining rapidly even when I'm not using it.

Any help given on this matter would be great.

Thanks!

the problem usually is that our brand new clip+ has spent years in some storage. a clip+ should come close to 10hours else I would call it defective.

Aug 23, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #926 of 1,093
So, I just bought one of these for a real good price that I couldn't pass up. I wasn't in much need of another  DAP, but this is a great budget alternate to have as a backup. I may actually carry it around, more often than not, to avoid taking my significantly more expensive DAP, everywhere. Now, all I need is a set of budget IEMs and I'm all set... 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 23, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #927 of 1,093
  So, I just bought one of these for a real good price that I couldn't pass up. I wasn't in much need of another  DAP, but this is a great budget alternate to have as a backup. I may actually carry it around, more often than not, to avoid taking my significantly more expensive DAP, everywhere. Now, all I need is a set of budget IEMs and I'm all set... 
ksc75smile.gif

Nice.

I use my sansa clip + as "emergency back up".  I keep it and a set of westone 3's in the original black westone case in a compartment in the bag I take to work.  That way if I forget to take my player or forget to charge it, I always have something to listen to.  It's not fun being stuck at work for 8 hours with nothing to listen to!

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #928 of 1,093

ksc75smile.gif

Nice.

I use my sansa clip + as "emergency back up".  I keep it and a set of westone 3's in the original black westone case in a compartment in the bag I take to work.  That way if I forget to take my player or forget to charge it, I always have something to listen to.  It's not fun being stuck at work for 8 hours with nothing to listen to!

+1 I got one in most of my bags and keep them pretty much as µSD holders(those stuff are just too small I lose them all the time) and as music back up (plus I always have one exclusively for audiobooks).  all in all I end up using some sansa stuff at least twice a week so they are life savers for me and I'll always have some around.

Oct 16, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #929 of 1,093
Well, I had a short cable pointed out to me which I just got in today for easier connection of my Clip+ & E6.  It's roughly 1.25" from tip to tip and works really nicely with how I have the 2 velcro'd together.  The cable cost $5 with $3 or so in shipping, so I bought 2, using the other for my X5&E12 brick.  Incase anyone's curious, here's the link:

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/146/ultra-short-3-5mm-interconnect-cable/

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #930 of 1,093
Set the screen brightness very low, and the screen backlight time very short to maximize battery life.
You will get longer battery life the fewer times you press any buttons on the player. To get the most battery life,
let long playlists play through, or at least let albums play through. Don't pick songs one at a time to play, 
or keep browsing through your songs or albums on the player.

With Rockbox installed on the Clip+, if you go to system, debug(keep out), view disk info, it will say what month and year the player was made. 

My Clip+ players are 5 years old. I had them for 5 years. They say Sansa on the front. The Newer Clip+ players say SanDisk on the front.

Even though these players are old, I still get good battery life with Rockbox playing mp3 files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back