SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Feb 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #872 of 1,093
Your right - I am surprised. Thats a cool little device. But strictly as a media player/dac its still quite expensive, which isnt what they are manufactured for but meanwhile I just find it funny that these people I have to work with who are doing "professional sound" feel the need to pay a lot of money for a device they dont need and frankly is overkill for the application (in this case playing tracks) simply because the device is marketed at "professional" yet offers similar/same performance. 

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #873 of 1,093
Guys, I am having problems with my RB'ed Clip+. When I connect it to my computer (Win 7 64bit), my computer doesn't recognize it so I can't see the folders thus I can't change the songs in it. How can I restore it? I am getting fed up listening to the same micro sd card all the time.

I can charge it though, it is just it doesn't appear in Computer, next to the other removable storage devices.

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #874 of 1,093
  Guys, I am having problems with my RB'ed Clip+. When I connect it to my computer (Win 7 64bit), my computer doesn't recognize it so I can't see the folders thus I can't change the songs in it. How can I restore it? I am getting fed up listening to the same micro sd card all the time.

I can charge it though, it is just it doesn't appear in Computer, next to the other removable storage devices.

don't know why, but the easy way around this is to use a card reader. they cost nothing and worst case scenarion will let you upload music on your card faster.

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #875 of 1,093
  don't know why, but the easy way around this is to use a card reader. they cost nothing and worst case scenarion will let you upload music on your card faster.

Yeah that's the only solution I think for the moment. I will try a bit more (re installing drivers etc), if it still doesn't work, then I will get a card reader.

Mar 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #876 of 1,093

Have you tried booting into the Sansa firmware and then connecting it to your computer? Sometimes when you connect a RB'd Clip+ it still tries to keep the RB firmware up which doesn't connect to the computer all the time (or not at all, but for some reason I remember being able to at one point)

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #877 of 1,093

Have you tried booting into the Sansa firmware and then connecting it to your computer? Sometimes when you connect a RB'd Clip+ it still tries to keep the RB firmware up which doesn't connect to the computer all the time (or not at all, but for some reason I remember being able to at one point)

I haven't tried that, I will give it a try, thanks mate.

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #878 of 1,093
Hi guys, 

Loved my clip+ but it was just so beat up from being used to much that I decided to give the clip zip a try, Ive heard a lot about how they are basically the same thing despite the screen - this is rather true. 

Although my clip zip feels newer - but this is typical being that it is newer. I got it in black and like the contrast of some of the silver buttons on it. Also the back button is located more properly in my option and has a more satifying press. 

The sound is very similar but I find the zip sounding a little brighter which I happen to prefer on my UM3Xs. 

Overall I love them both but the zip is a little more rich of an experience with a colored screen. Also it runs doom great and the spectrogram is super cool.
As always for me - both are rock boxed. Hate the stock UI. 

One last thing the Clip Zip has a micro USB port... Not a mini USB port like that of the sansa, I like this so much better. Everything uses micro USB now, i never understood why the clip + used a Mini. Now I can plug my sansa into pretty much any power adapter I have. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #879 of 1,093
  Hi guys, 

Loved my clip+ but it was just so beat up from being used to much that I decided to give the clip zip a try, Ive heard a lot about how they are basically the same thing despite the screen - this is rather true. 

Although my clip zip feels newer - but this is typical being that it is newer. I got it in black and like the contrast of some of the silver buttons on it. Also the back button is located more properly in my option and has a more satifying press. 

The sound is very similar but I find the zip sounding a little brighter which I happen to prefer on my UM3Xs. 

Overall I love them both but the zip is a little more rich of an experience with a colored screen. Also it runs doom great and the spectrogram is super cool.
As always for me - both are rock boxed. Hate the stock UI. 

One last thing the Clip Zip has a micro USB port... Not a mini USB port like that of the sansa, I like this so much better. Everything uses micro USB now, i never understood why the clip + used a Mini. Now I can plug my sansa into pretty much any power adapter I have. 

to be fair, Clip was released in 2007, Clip+ 2009, while the micro usb standard was announced in 2007. It is already a blessing they decided to use mini usb instead of a proprietary charger connector.

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #884 of 1,093
Whats up with the buzzing sound when changing tracks, and sometimes mid track too..? It's not present in stock firmware.

IT seems processor working! I perceived it too and is very annoying..

Mar 29, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #885 of 1,093
I got it in RB or default. but I have to admit that from all the clips I've owned (quite a few now), on some RB seemed to worsen the buffering noise. but even here there really is no solid rule it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back