SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
Oct 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #813 of 1,093
I just Rockbox'd my Clip + which I'm using with Phonak PFE232 IEMs and my Arrow 4G amp. It seems that the amp hurts the sound and the Clip+ sounds better without it. Is there some settings I should configure on the Clip to help with this? Can anyone suggest some things I should configure to help get the best sound possible with this setup? Thanks!

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #814 of 1,093
  I just Rockbox'd my Clip + which I'm using with Phonak PFE232 IEMs and my Arrow 4G amp. It seems that the amp hurts the sound and the Clip+ sounds better without it. Is there some settings I should configure on the Clip to help with this? Can anyone suggest some things I should configure to help get the best sound possible with this setup? Thanks!

The Rockbox volume should be set at 0db and then you control volume with the amp.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM Post #815 of 1,093

The Rockbox volume should be set at 0db and then you control volume with the amp.

And as per the discussion with others, how do you feel about using gain? If I don't hear a hiss at the first gain setting, should I use it?

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #816 of 1,093

And as per the discussion with others, how do you feel about using gain? If I don't hear a hiss at the first gain setting, should I use it?

Do you mean the gain settings on the amp? If so, I believe it is recommended to start off with low and only use high if  you feel that your 'phones need it. 

Nov 14, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #818 of 1,093
Recently my old Clip+ died and I just ordered a new one, I will be RBing this one too. I am re-welcome to the club I guess. When I have time, I will also check the thread and read what I have been missing so far
wink.gif

However I see Achmed is Dead is around here, so it must be both fun and informative
beerchug.gif

Nov 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #819 of 1,093
  Recently my old Clip+ died and I just ordered a new one, I will be RBing this one too. I am re-welcome to the club I guess. When I have time, I will also check the thread and read what I have been missing so far
wink.gif

However I see Achmed is Dead is around here, so it must be both fun and informative
beerchug.gif

I try! 

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #820 of 1,093
is there a way to play all your music at once on a rockboxed clip+ despite being in different folders?
i have all my songs separated by folders in my micro SD so it looks more organized.
sometimes i just want to play all my songs at once and leave it on shuffle while taking my one hour ride home from a long day.

didnt realize there was a rockboxed clip+ appreciation thread.

Nov 17, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #821 of 1,093
Database -> Songs. Turn on shuffle from the playback menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back