Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ?
Aug 14, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #241 of 368
After a few more days of playing with both I find I strongly prefer the Clip+. Soundwise of course they are the same, but the Clip+ just seems better built and "classier" for lack of a better word. The Clip Zip's screen and buttons remind me that I'm playing with a $30 player. With the Clip+ I feel like I would gladly have paid $100 for it.

Aug 14, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #242 of 368
Really?  How is the screen better?  Just curious.  I'm sure most people would be happy with both.  I prefer the fuze v2 now.  Man is it awesome.  The only thing I don't like about ALL of them is that the screens are all plastic.  Even protecting them ALL the time in soft cases, they've started accumulating small scratches.  Nothing you would see in normal use, but over time I assume they will build up.  My ipods in the same type of case have zero scratches.  Zero.  My ipod classic is 5.5 years old with no scratches.  I wish they had made them better screen protection materials.  Even 30 minutes out of the box i had a small scratch on the fuze, and i had only pulled it out of the included case a few times.  Bah!

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #243 of 368
Quote:
Really?  How is the screen better?  Just curious.  I'm sure most people would be happy with both.  I prefer the fuze v2 now.  Man is it awesome.  The only thing I don't like about ALL of them is that the screens are all plastic.  Even protecting them ALL the time in soft cases, they've started accumulating small scratches.  Nothing you would see in normal use, but over time I assume they will build up.  My ipods in the same type of case have zero scratches.  Zero.  My ipod classic is 5.5 years old with no scratches.  I wish they had made them better screen protection materials.  Even 30 minutes out of the box i had a small scratch on the fuze, and i had only pulled it out of the included case a few times.  Bah!

The Fuze screen was notoriously easy to scratch, but my various Clips have all manged to keep their screens unscathed.

Aug 14, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #244 of 368
Quote:
The Fuze screen was notoriously easy to scratch, but my various Clips have all manged to keep their screens unscathed.

Really? I haven't been closely inspecting my zip screen, but I assumed it was similar as it feels like plastic coating the screen.  Sucks that the fuze is prone to scratches.  Better screen coating and a standard micro usb connector and it's perfect.  Lose the new touch controls.  Yuck.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #245 of 368
Quote:
Really?  How is the screen better?  Just curious. 

Well it's just that the CZ screen is low-res. In theory it's cool to have album art on the player, in practice the album art looks so fuzzy I'd rather not have it at all.

Incidentally there are some very good CZ themes for Rockbox with a Clip/Clip+ style yellow and cyan text layout that make it work much better.

Aug 14, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #246 of 368
Quote:
Well it's just that the CZ screen is low-res. In theory it's cool to have album art on the player, in practice the album art looks so fuzzy I'd rather not have it at all.

Incidentally there are some very good CZ themes for Rockbox with a Clip/Clip+ style yellow and cyan text layout that make it work much better.

I use the clip theme.  I absolutely love the simply blue/yellow theme.  Easy to read.  Sort of retro futuristic looking.  Probably good on battery life too.  I actually made my fuze look similar too. ha.

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #247 of 368
Wait until you get older and it gets a tad straining on the eyes...

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #248 of 368
Quote:
Wait until you get older and it gets a tad straining on the eyes...

What's that?  the theme or the zip?  The zip lets you have bigger clearer fonts.  Easier on the eyes.  The theme is more contrast.  Again easier on the eyes. :p

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #249 of 368
Quote:

I usually use this one...http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1547&target=sansaclipzip  and it doesn't bother my nearly 42-year-old eyes.
smile.gif

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #250 of 368
I will look and try to find that for the clip + Looks good.. Got it............ now to install

Aug 15, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #251 of 368
Whats the best way to do that again?

Aug 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #252 of 368
Aug 15, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #253 of 368
Why does Foobar sound better than my Sansa Clip+

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #254 of 368
Unless you performed a volume level matched blind test your perception that one sounds better than the other is unsubstantiated. Even in sighted comparison lots of "differences" disappear when volume levels are carefully matched.

In any case Foobar doesn't sound different, your PC soundcard and/or headphone out does. Foobar's sound is only as good as your PC's hardware and configuration. Unless your PC is old or made of very poor components or is badly designed or assembled then its sound card is probably capable, compared to the Clip+, of greater dynamic range, lower distortion, lower noise, lower crosstalk, higher output level, and equally good frequency response.

Aug 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #255 of 368
No worries thanks for that.

So i will improve my Portable player to get better SQ closer to that of the PC.. as the same tune,  same cans,  sounds alot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back