San Jose Meet - Sat August 6
Jul 9, 2005 at 5:12 AM Post #136 of 259
Hi All,

I'll also be bringing out the new Meier amps including the Eartube. I am considering bringing my Meridian 808 if there is enough interest. I would bring my turntable but it weighs a ton and the cartridge is too expensive to risk - a Lyra Titan and VPI HRX. If a turntable is needed I may bring another - like maybe a Scout or a Transrotor. Ray is bringing his amps so I will not be bringing his whole line but I may bring a couple to hook up to the 808.

If cables are going to be needed I may be able to bring some extra Cardas, some sample Nordost and DiMarzio cables to try. I will also have a few cool surprises - new products that I am just getting in stock and will be carrying...

I look forward to meeting all of you - a super special thanks to Sleestack for his generous offer to sponsor most of this event.

Any good vinyl shops to hit on Sunday?

Todd

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #137 of 259
The Analog Room

These guys like their cigars too!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 9, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #139 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
The Analog Room

smily_headphones1.gif

They sure do. I had to practically hold my breath the last time I went in that place. You almost have to crawl on the floor to breathe
biggrin.gif

Count me in...will have to figure out what I can add to the occasion...perhaps some headphones, interconnects or whatever...

Jul 9, 2005 at 6:52 AM Post #140 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilPeart
The Analog Room

smily_headphones1.gif

A very good friend of mine knows those guys very well. They basically set up that shop so they could have a place to hang out, listen to their stuff and smoke cigars. Definitely avid vinyl guys.

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #141 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Any room for a fellow Northern Californian?

yes. where have you been hiding?
smily_headphones1.gif
bringing any foo?

Jul 11, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #142 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
If cables are going to be needed I may be able to bring some extra Cardas, some sample Nordost and DiMarzio cables to try. I will also have a few cool surprises - new products that I am just getting in stock and will be carrying...

thumbs up on the cables.

Jul 11, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #143 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91
clarkmeister, you might get your wish afterall. No promises though. This get-together is becoming a big gathering with all these gears coming into town. I am tempted to make sure that my Rudistor and Cyber 20 get some exposure as well. It all depends on if I have time that week to get everything packed up.

while you're at it bring the hammond and leslie too
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #145 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjkdivin
Any room for another newbie? I don't know that I would have anything interesting to bring along. I do have several HD-600s and a few M3s cased up in different configurations.

The meet is open to anyone ... just bring $10 and don't wear a tank top.

Jul 11, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #147 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagump
just a quick recap folks:

no_tanktop.jpg
[size=xx-large]+[/size]
10dollar.jpg
[size=xx-large]=[/size]
disco.jpg

LMAO!!! Love it.

Jul 11, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #148 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
Any good vinyl shops to hit on Sunday?

A little farther north, but you should also check out The Record Man in Redwood City. Not sure how Amoeba is for vinyl, but they rock for those little silvery plastic discs.

Jul 11, 2005 at 10:23 PM Post #149 of 259
Quote:

yes. where have you been hiding?
smily_headphones1.gif
bringing any foo?

Depends on what "foo" is.

Jul 12, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #150 of 259
Quote:

while you're at it bring the hammond and leslie too
smily_headphones1.gif