San Jose Meet - Sat August 6
Jul 12, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #151 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd
Any good vinyl shops to hit on Sunday?

Will you have a car? What genre are you looking for? In San Jose, Brian's Analog Room is definitely a good place to visit. If there's an original issue of some LPs that you have been dying to listen to, ask him. He probably has a copy, or several copies, and he'll play it for you on one of his ultra-expensive systems.

In terms of shopping for vinyl, I would recommand hit straight to Berkeley. Amoeba and Rasputin's are only a block away right on Telegraph Ave near the university. Groove Yard and Saturn Records are about a mile away and about a few blocks apart. Amoeba in San Francisco is also a good place to hit, then there's Village Music in Mill Valley on the other side of Golden Gate bridge. The guy that owns the Record Man is a character. His LPs do not have prices on them. You have to bring them up to him, and he decides how much he wants for them. From what I heard, they are on the pricy side.

If you want more detail info, ping me, and I'll send you an e-mail with all the info on these places.

Jul 12, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #152 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91
Uh, did I miss something?

the joke. The way you referenced the Rudistor and Consonance was received as if they were two refrigerators or something.

Jul 12, 2005 at 8:15 PM Post #153 of 259
WEAK!!!! This is on my wifes B-Day....
frown.gif

Is this the only Nor Cal meet on the books right now??

Jul 12, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #154 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagump
the joke. The way you referenced the Rudistor and Consonance was received as if they were two refrigerators or something.

Oh, OK. To clarify, clarkmeister had asked me several time to unhook my Genesis Digital Lens and bring it to a meet so he can audition it. This is a unit which goes between a CD transport and a DAC, so I would basically need to take apart my entire study room system and pack them to bring to the meet. Now that I am a parent, I don't have too much extra time or energy to do those kind of things anymore. So I've been turning him down.....

Jul 13, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #155 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
WEAK!!!! This is on my wifes B-Day....
frown.gif

Is this the only Nor Cal meet on the books right now??

the homer thing to do would be to take her blindfolded to the meet so we could all sing happy birthday to her.

Jul 13, 2005 at 7:45 AM Post #156 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Depends on what "foo" is.

there is only one kind of foo served around here. one kind of foo coming to the meet. (foo = gear).

Jul 13, 2005 at 12:32 PM Post #157 of 259
Sweet...
600smile.gif
right in San Jose!

too bad I don't see anyone bringing an HD-595 (howabout that cardas balanced upgrade)! I was hoping I'd have a chance to see what that's like...

Hope to see some of you there..
-r0b

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #158 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagump
the homer thing to do would be to take her blindfolded to the meet so we could all sing happy birthday to her.

DOH!

Jul 13, 2005 at 6:36 PM Post #159 of 259
Motre sources for me:

I'm also going to bring an Onix SP3 tube amp for those with AKG K1000s and Onix's new, CD-2.... and maybe even their XCD-99.

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #160 of 259
I will be attending. I will bring the following...
Sony DVP-NS775 DVD player
Ack! dAck! 2.0 D/A converter
Headamp GS-1 (just got it yesterday!)
Senn HD650/Zu
Grado SR-60 (modded with wire screen and Dynamat Xtreme)
Kimber PBJ IC

I'll be coming from Vacaville, so it's going to be a little bit of driving, but it should be worth it. I look forward to seeing all the cool gear and meeting fellow headfiers!

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:41 PM Post #161 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69
Senn HD650/Zu
Kimber PBJ IC

I'll be coming from Vacaville, so it's going to be a little bit of driving, but it should be worth it. I look forward to seeing all the cool gear and meeting fellow headfiers!

Dang dude I'm like drooling over your gear! I've been seriously curious about the Ack! for some time, and it'll be awesome to hear the new Headamp offering. I have the Sony DVP-NS875 (multi-disc version of yours) but I can't bring it because my kids wouldn't be able to watch any videos while I'm at the meet. I'd love to A/B it with some of the big boys, just for grins...

I will, of course, try to control myself at the meet, so I don't get any slobber on your GS-1!

Jul 15, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #162 of 259
Mikhail form Singlepower is officially coming.

We're going to have Ray Samuels, TTVJ, Singlepower and Headroom in the house!!! Very cool.

Jul 16, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #163 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69
Senn HD650/Zu
Kimber PBJ IC

yay, i've always wanted to hear an Ack in my setup. bonus
lambda.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #165 of 259
One more source ---- Classe Omega SACD 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back