Samsung Galaxy S3... wow.
Jan 21, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #106 of 151
I'm looking for a capacity and perhaps sound quality upgrade to my iPod Touch 3rd gen (only a measly 8GB). Can anyone tell me whether the sound quality of the S3 (either version) or iPhone 5 is at least equal, if not better than my iPod? 

But since I have until the next holiday season before my current phone contract expires, does anyone know of any other smartphones scheduled to come out this year that I should look out for? Ones that may have good sound quality, of course.  

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #107 of 151
If you get the chance to borrow from a friend and listen to some good files with galaxy SIII with neutron player, maybe you'll find it satisfactory.
Personally I'm amazed with the app's audio capabilities, and to my taste it has made listening to music on a mobile phone pretty pleasant.
I don't like/use anything Apple wise, thus I can't provide cross comments, but I believe you could conclude that from your own experiences and taste.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Jan 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #108 of 151
Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly, no one I know has the GSIII. On the contrary, one of my friends got an iPhone 5 for Christmas. Perhaps I could test his, at least, if he has decent files loaded on there... 

And sorry if this question has already been answered before, but if there really is a noticeable difference between the US and international versions of the GSIII, then is there any reasonably simple way for a US resident like me to get the international version? 

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #112 of 151
Quote:
Does anyone know if playback of hires (24bit) flac files is possible on this through the usb digital audio out an external dac/amp?

Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> ODAC
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1380#post_9068939

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #113 of 151
So is everyone using the  USB Audio Recorder PRO app for a music player in the SIII? Im about to set up my SIII for portable playback and didnt want to mess things up. Thanks

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #114 of 151
Quote:
So is everyone using the  USB Audio Recorder PRO app for a music player in the SIII? Im about to set up my SIII for portable playback and didnt want to mess things up. Thanks

Oh hells no. Most of us are happy enough with 16-bit sound and using whatever music player app we like.

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #116 of 151
Most of us here us PowerAMP or Neutron. Neutron's UI is fairly horrible though, and if all the sound is being handled off-device vis USB audio then there is no particular reason at all to use Neutron (most people use it since it is considered to have better sound quality if you are listening from the headphone jack).

You can use any music player you like though on the S3 with USB audio, since it doesn't actually need USB Audio Recorder to output USB audio. If you want 24-bit sound though you will be stuck with USB Audio Recorder.

Jan 29, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #119 of 151
Quote:
How many hours does the SGS3 last while playing music?

Always keeping in mind that battery time is multi-factorish, for me it won't 
last more than one workday. I'd have to charge at night, or the phone
won't last the other day. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #120 of 151
Quote:
Most of us here us PowerAMP or Neutron. Neutron's UI is fairly horrible though, and if all the sound is being handled off-device vis USB audio then there is no particular reason at all to use Neutron (most people use it since it is considered to have better sound quality if you are listening from the headphone jack).

-snip-

I second that.

I've used poweramp a lot, and the interface is really better than neutron.

Problem is, neutron's audio treatment is really second to none. Set parametric
values to your taste, define your equalizer flavor, bind your eq and normalize,
and you could listen to all your phone music files with great sq efortlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back