Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality
Jan 31, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #196 of 257
Quote:
I agree it has very good sound quality and comes very close to the X-series.  It is hard to choose which is better as they both sound great  but  for me the i9000 wins hands down do to the EQ options.  I can finally turn the sub-bass up and tune down the heavy mid bass hump on the IE8 and it just sounds amazing to hear the sub bass.  I use Poweramp, which is only app I paid for on Playstore :D

The ROM I use is X-bean 3.  It is the best ROM so far with the Xperia launcher, very fast.

Try the free version of Neutron and tell us what you think...  I find it better,

ClieOs also took some measurements...

Originally posted by ClieOs
Okay, I was measuring another amp for another review so I took the time to RMAA Neutron (32bits core) vs. Poweramp as well. The setup is: Galaxy Tab 7+ (line-out) + O2 + CX300 feed into Behringer UC222's line-in (only the software players are different). The majority of the measurement are similar, except for one area. Neutron is SIGNIFICANTLY less noisy then Poweramp, both in Noise Level as well as in IMD+Noise.

It is official, Neutron FTW!

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #197 of 257
Quote:

Try the free version of Neutron and tell us what you think...  I find it better,

ClieOs also took some measurements...

Originally posted by ClieOs
Okay, I was measuring another amp for another review so I took the time to RMAA Neutron (32bits core) vs. Poweramp as well. The setup is: Galaxy Tab 7+ (line-out) + O2 + CX300 feed into Behringer UC222's line-in (only the software players are different). The majority of the measurement are similar, except for one area. Neutron is SIGNIFICANTLY less noisy then Poweramp, both in Noise Level as well as in IMD+Noise.

It is official, Neutron FTW!

It does sound a little better when both on flat EQ.  I just hate the UI of Neutron player, honestly it is horrible and very anoying and I cannot believe the developers have not come up with something better.   The UI of Poweramp is near perfect.  If they made Neutron player more similar to other players like Poweramp and the Android defualt player I would buy it but at the moment no way it will just irritate me as I tend to skip from album to album.

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #198 of 257
Does the Galaxy S support USB audio out? On a related note, does the actual music player on the phone matter if the phone does usb audio out to a decent DAC/Amp? This is assuming the source files are high quality.

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #200 of 257
I'm thinking about buying a Galaxy S Media Player and I've got a question about Voodo Sound: is there a soundquality difference bertween the normal Voodoo Sound with flashing and voodosound plus where only root is needed?

Thnx for answers

Mar 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #201 of 257
Quote:
I'm thinking about buying a Galaxy S Media Player and I've got a question about Voodo Sound: is there a soundquality difference bertween the normal Voodoo Sound with flashing and voodosound plus where only root is needed?

Thnx for answers

Unless you know something I don't....  the Galaxy S Media players are not Voodoo sound compatible yet... & maybe never will be! :frowning2:
Your best best is probably the Galaxy S1 IS9000 smartphone with the older OS for voodoo compatability.

Re-rooting or flashing- they should be the exact same.

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #202 of 257
Hi

Im thinking of running a S3 mini as a digital source with my Apex Glacier Dac/Amp. 

The mini is so much cheaper than the larger S3, and my only concern is that the mini's lower processing power
would affect sound quality for its digital out? 

Any thoughts? 

Mar 29, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #203 of 257
Hi

Im thinking of running a S3 mini as a digital source with my Apex Glacier Dac/Amp. 

The mini is so much cheaper than the larger S3, and my only concern is that the mini's lower processing power
would affect sound quality for its digital out? 

Any thoughts? 

As far as I know the S3 mini has no support for USB Audio out. A cheaper option would be the Sony Xperia V.

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #204 of 257
Hmm I ordered the micro to micro OTG cable from TTVJ already. I mailed Todd to ask if my glacier would work with this sony model. Its digital out is also micro usb

Thanks for tip! 

Mar 29, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #205 of 257
Hmm I ordered the micro to micro OTG cable from TTVJ already. I mailed Todd to ask if my glacier would work with this sony model. Its digital out is also micro usb

Thanks for tip! 

I have the apex glacier and tested it wih my friend's xperia z and it works fine though unlike samsung it does not show usb connected in the notification bar and from what I know the xperia v should work the same.

Apr 12, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #209 of 257
Is it possible to transfer data via usb to the s3's external sd card? carmeras do this all the time. But when I plugged my S3 into my mac it charged only
and didn't mount a HD on my desktop. Thanks! 

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #210 of 257
An SGS 4g owner here too and I have voodoo installed and yes it is a really nice music player. I wish it had a line out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back