Samsung Galaxy S Sound Quality
Nov 11, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #226 of 257
Thats a nice, long and detailed read. Thanks.

I guess I dont need the extra power because the sound on my clip never goes to 100% (well, on Rockbox its xx dB) unless I connect it to my stereo amp. I dont miss any power ever, and I do not use the most expensive earphones (Sennheiser HD439, Monoprice Mep-933 and a very nice Technics-Jamo stereo setup). 

A nice improvement is always welcome of course. Would the difference be big enough?

And yes, Im very well into the technical aspects. Linux poweruser and also Android modder (do rooting as easily as counting to 10), voodoo'ing seems to be no problem. But as I understand the difference is really quite small? Will the difference be bigger when used to power my stereo setup? Price difference used clip vs used SGS is $20 vs. $40.

Hard decision. Fortunately the clip still lives so I do not (yet!) have to decide.

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #227 of 257
So someone could sell his GS1 for $37... doesnt seem too much, were it not that I am not planning to buy the TTPOD (http://www.head-fi.org/t/728860/ttpod-t1-e-impressions-thread) because I find $30 to be a lot money as student and I already have the Monoprice 8320 even though those TTPODs are said to be budget audiophile quality.

I guess those earphones are a better update than the GS1-Clip+. Do you recommend me to wait for the moment my clip dies?

Nov 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #228 of 257
Got one, but after reading about the ´maybe´ 8 Ohms impedance Im not sure why you all like the phone so much as it must degrade the SQ overall with 16Ohms IEMs quite a lot.

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #229 of 257
OK I guess this thread is no longer updated, but I'll try my luck anyway.

I used to own SGS1 i9000 international years ago and use it with voodoo sound. but 2 years ago it got stolen and I already upgrade to iPhone 5.

Today I score another SGS i9000 for $30 (sweet) and customized it with CM11 rom (tried CM11 snapshot and Mackay).
To my surprised.. voodoo sound no longer available on Google Play Store. I found an apk online and got error parsing.

2 years abandoning android and I cant seem to find any updates on Voodoo sound.. The new rom seems stable enough.. should I revert to old gingerbread rom? sigh~~..

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #231 of 257
There's lots of other voodoo ROMs. I have one with 4.0

hi could you please elaborate? TQ

nice theres still people interested in these..

I'm on rom hunting right now. its been 2-3 years since I last flash one.

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #233 of 257
hi Yes I do know.

I'm in Xda right now. too much information. Like I said its been 2 years and I can't seem to find voodoo sound. I can track most of the thread but my last rom Helly Bean no longer available for download. I'm on KitKat 4.4.4. I'm tracking JB rom right now.

Could you share your current rom name? is it stable enough?

Sep 2, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #234 of 257
Just wanted to share my setup for you, also extracted my voodoo control app from the rom. I remember me taking a lot of time to find a recent one working on kitkat/jellybean.

ROM: Slim-4.3.build.2.2-OFFICIAL-1768
KERNEL: Semaphore-JB-3.3.0s
VOODOO version: 3.1.2.2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehh9lvvagun4lrj/org.projectvoodoo.controlapp-1.apk?dl=0)

I have Semaphore manager installed with LiveOC on 120% and Bigmem enabled. I also have some apps disabled and the phone in airplane mode.

Disabled apps:

-com.android.mms
-com.android.smspush
-com.android.contacts
-com.android.dialer
-com.google.android.syncadapters.cal..
-com.google.android.onetimeinitializer
-com.google.android.syncadapters.con..
-com.android.providers.contacts
-com.google.android.apps.uploader
-com.slim.ota

Let me know if you need more help.

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #235 of 257
thanks man

so I found and flash semaphore kernel that worked with my KitKat and dig deeper for apk (found it somewhere, but nice that you shere your apk, TQ)

this time it works! Glad to report that with supported kernel voodoo sound still can rocks with KitKat 4.4.4. 

but audio get stuttered sometimes if theres activity in the background. really need to see if theres somewhere I can tweak or downgrade to ICS. But no worries coz I'm just gonna use this as PMP exclusively.

thanks for the semaphore tips!

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #236 of 257
I have Novalauncher as my home screen with Gone Mad Music player as a 4x4 widget. Removed everything from the homescreen except te widget so no bottom icons and no status bar.

Sep 2, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #237 of 257
I still have my old Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. Use it with voodoo as I havn't updated it in a long time. No need. I removed every non essential app like the phone. Only things on it are music apps, (Spotify, Pandora, PowerAmp.) Nova Launcher and that's it. Love it and have a nice 3.5mm cable for if I use it with an amp. Also has a 32GB or 64GB micro SD card. Can't remember which.

So I'm glad to see this thread bumped as I subscribe to it.

:-D

Oh, and I created an image back up of my ROM setup, and keep it on my computer. This way if the phone dies I can flash it on a new Captivate. :wink:

Sep 3, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #238 of 257
I was pretty pi$$ed yesterday when I discovered that Voodoo was removed from the play store. I actually payed for the damn thing when I got my SGS few years back. :angry_face:
Anyway here's some love for the Galaxy.

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #239 of 257
I wonder if I'd be able to extract the apk from my SGS.  I also wonder if I did extract it, would people that paid for it be able to validate it.  Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back