Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Jun 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #586 of 756
  So does the note 4 beat the x5? needs to bet tested with low impedance iems attached to the headphone out of both....

I prefer the Note 4 with IEMs, compared to the X5. Whilst they both have a low output impedance, the Note 4 just has so much more flexibility in terms of software and EQ (which HBB mentioned before).

Not to mention Spotify compatibility. 

That being said, both units drive IEMs very easily. 

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #590 of 756

I prefer the Note 4 with IEMs, compared to the X5. Whilst they both have a low output impedance, the Note 4 just has so much more flexibility in terms of software and EQ (which HBB mentioned before).

Not to mention Spotify compatibility. 

That being said, both units drive IEMs very easily. 

I am trying to figure a clever way to put a small but powerful amp/dac that is low profile and doesn't block the camera.

Something about this size. I'd like to avoid the A&K mark-up
rolleyes.gif

If anyone has any amp/dac portable rec let me know

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #593 of 756
For anyone interested in using the onboard DAC as an equalizer, see:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software-hacking/reference-qualcomm-audio-codec-iir-t3093000

Very well done mod, affects output through the headphone jack, does not use any additional battery/cpu (except some tasker scripting to get it initialized-if desired) and gives a clean adjustable output.
I am currently using it with great results.
Should work with most snapdragon Dac's

Jun 28, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #599 of 756
It's probably too early, but any news on whether the Note 5 will also use a Wolfson DAC? I was going to get the Note 4, but will wait until September since the Note 5 is rumoured to be released then.

Jun 28, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #600 of 756
The note 5 will be unveiled the 1st week of September but it doesn't mean it will be released the same month, it could be released in October like Note 4.
If Samsung choose Exynos only like S6 then you bet it will have Wolfson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back