Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #752 of 756
I'm thinking about making the switch from my iPhone

I had both the iPhone 5s and the Note 4. Sold the iPhone and kept the N4. It's a great phone, awesome screen, great camera for a phone, sd card support, removable battery and nice audio. I have an exynos version. The only problem is that you can't use it with just one hand but if you like big cellphones there won't be any problem. I have to warn though, gapless playback is broken since the 6.0.1 update so you either stick to 5.1.1 or upgrade and use poweramp. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #753 of 756
Basically you have to go to "xdadevelopers" website and then go to forums of the carrier (not just the phone) of your model (note4, note7)
And then read up/learn how to flash your phone with custom operating system which is usually faster/streamlined from all the bloatware slowing/hogging your phone.

The good news is that the 6.01 operating system on new phones has ability to power save individual apps that are not used as often, so your phone uses much less battery with latest operating systems..

I have the prelastest stock 6.0.1 and phone is rooted. But thanks for info)

Mar 24, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #755 of 756
For those interested, my amp/DAC Geek Out 100 connected to Note 4 (with Exynos, 6.0.1) directly through USB OTG works perfectly with no additional apps, settings, programs, and the sound seems great.

Don't forget that apparently the sound is better when the phone/computer volume is 100% and you regulate it with the amp/DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back