Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Jul 20, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #616 of 756
http://www.sammobile.com/2015/07/14/exclusive-galaxy-note-5-and-galaxy-s6-edge-coming-august-12-on-sale-from-august-21/

Sammobile is usually correct so slim chance of an SD card.

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #617 of 756
Since Samsung seem to want to take a bigger bite out of Apple, and since the Apple way of doing things is fixed memory and fixed battery then that will be their model. Also, Google have been making life increasingly more difficult for those manufacturers who include removable storage (saving things to it or moving things to it).

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #618 of 756
If Samsung is trying to follow Apple that much, they would fail worse. Apple has never been hardware alone, but rather their IOS, which makes coding and app running more efficient, where as Samsung is on android which we all know is not as efficient as IOS. The reason why many android phones spec amazing on the sheet....but perform like sheet vs Apple.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #619 of 756
Well, that's a very broad statement. A lot of Android phones perform incredibly well these days, especially flagships. 

Let's not get into an Apple vs Android thing. No point.

People will choose whatever they prefer/require. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #620 of 756
Well I have note 4 vs my wife IP6 and I can see how the note 4 lag. You are correct as people buy what they want. I just simply point out the point that android with all the best hardware still lag behind apples period. It is a true fact that requires no engineering or programming skills to see.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #621 of 756
TouchWiz is known to cause lag. The note 4 is an incredible device, but all of that damn bloat ware really hurts the device. If you root, you can clean it up a lot, or even flash an AOSP ROM, which will make this phone lightning fast. Either way, I still prefer Android, I love being able to customize my phone.

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #622 of 756
Funny thing is, the Note 3 seems faster with Lollypop than id did with Kit Kat and it felt fast with Kit Kat; everyhing happens instantly, no lag. Pity about the USB asynch being degraded though. I've got the 8 core verion BTW.

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #623 of 756
Yep, my note 4 running Cyanogen 12.1 is absolutely blazing fast. Definitely not lagging behind my iPad.

Again, no point saying one is better than the other, everyone has their preferences. 

Neither is "faster" or "better". 

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #624 of 756
Well I have note 4 vs my wife IP6 and I can see how the note 4 lag. You are correct as people buy what they want. I just simply point out the point that android with all the best hardware still lag behind apples period. It is a true fact that requires no engineering or programming skills to see.

The folks at Macworld

OUR VERDICT

Apple has done a great job with the iPhone 6 Plus. It is a small iPad, as well as a large-screen iPhone. It may lack some of the raw power and display performance of the Galaxy Note 4, but we don't feel that you will find it lacking in either area. And the all-round excellence of the iPad ecosystem and user experience will give the iPhone 6 Plus the edge for existing iPhone users looking for a larger screen.

I love my iphone and own an ipad too ...and a Note 4   claiming 1 is clearly better than the other and that one is sheet compared to the other is laughable.
I use my note 4 for scrolling through thousands of album art covers in Poweramp with the flick of a finger and that is not possible with my iphone6. not enough ram on call.
The iphone has great audio but is regulated to being a phone only. The droid needs a dac but like the folks at Macworld...not droidworld noted.....it's got raw power.

1 gig v.s. 3 gig of ram

"that requires no engineering or programming skills to see"

See what I did there?
rolleyes.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #626 of 756
@Hawaiibadboy-Have you Tweaked your V4A settings yet? If so would you mind sharing either here or via pm?

Spectrum extension enabled 0.5
Fire EQ enabled R&B
ViPER Bass enabled (Pure Bass+) 50Hz  12.0dB boost
ViPER Clarity enabled (XHiFi) default level

Makes my Aurisonics 2.5 slam and detail and clarity are amazing. Never enjoyed portable music so much in my life.

also using a full screen app that hides the top bar unless I tap for it.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #627 of 756
Been messing with my V4A settings all afternoon instead of working... Lol. Was using mostly my
note 4>woo wa6>th900. I'll try your settings tonight with my g2's. I finally rooted my Note 4 last week so I could play with V4A. Such a tremendous difference. Thanks HBB.

Rooted Note 4 is really good, Sony zx2 and AK240 are definitely better sounding, but price difference is obviously a major factor.

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #628 of 756
Been messing with my V4A settings all afternoon instead of working... Lol. Was using mostly my
note 4>woo wa6>th900. I'll try your settings tonight with my g2's. I finally rooted my Note 4 last week so I could play with V4A. Such a tremendous difference. Thanks HBB.

Rooted Note 4 is really good, Sony zx2 and AK240 are definitely better sounding, but price difference is obviously a major factor.

I don't really understand much about how rooting and viper mod help the note 4 to sound better. If it was anything with software EQ only then I guess all you need is the EQ and not the specific type of phones. Zx2 and AK are high-end DAP, so there really is no comparison. The one main point I learn why there should never be any comparision between these are because of the components they used to produce them. Smartphones are all about speed, battery efficiency where as DAP are all about Noise reduction while preserving the best Analog signals.....so....I think for a smartphone to do what any high-end dedicated DAP do, that will never happen. Though they can have the good DAC and AMPs build into a phone to help, but even so....the rest of everything will be no comparision still. Unless you are talking about 1500-2000$ or even more. The battles between DAP is real, and it get even more obvious Smartphones vs DAP.

Back on topic, and I still think Z3 sounds good, then Note 4 dragon, then IPhone 6 for now.:D

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #629 of 756

I disagree with the zx2, no idea about the 240

The Note 4 with an AK10 external Dac/amp using V4A sounds far and away better than the 10 band eq low gain high gain FiiO X5  I own and "A" and "B" both and it's not close. Walking away from the X5 was pretty easy.
So I guess the AK240 is much better than the X5??  I know to me ears  the zx2 is not. I am a believer in Red book being about what 99% of what  most human ears can track.

After you have rooted and found the bass settings and clarity tweaks that match your likings then please come back and try and tell me exactly when one is better than the other. I'd like to know.

I cannot comment on a stock Note 4 because mine was rooted within minutes of owning it
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #630 of 756
I waited since October... But decided to finally do it again. I didn't add a dac or amp to the note 4,so without those items not much comparison to either high end dap. I'm sure with my Cayin C5 it will close the gap.

Whitigir- V4A is much more than an eq, you'd really have to hear it to understand. I wasn't expecting it to sound like either dap, I was just sharing my experience that's all. Even so, you can still compare the sounds of a smartphone, especially rooted with V4A, as it sounds very good.

Hawaiibadboy-I've never heard the X5,but I am getting an X7 when it comes out for sure, so I'll let you know. I still need to mess with the settings for v4a, but I know it won't disappoint. I just sold my AK240, so. I can't share that experience, but to my ears in a bind test I couldn't tell a difference between that and my zx2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back