Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Jan 31, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #316 of 756
  Apparently all Galaxy S6 versions will have Exynos 7420 chip and Wolfson dac. Good news for those in the United States. :) We already had Exynos Samgung phones but it's good to know there's no danger of getting Snapdragon's crappy dac with S6. I was considering iPhone 6 but EU volume limit screws the sound (and I'm not even in the EU! but Apple sells phones with EU cap here, retards). Anyway, hopefully Samsung announces S6 soon.

I think I am a candidate for the Galaxy S6 ... I love my Note 4 for everything except actually talking on the phone. It's way too uncomfortable for longer calls and, let's face it, everyone looks like an idiot holding a piece of toast to their head.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #317 of 756
Kind of off topic, however - I picked up a Galaxy Tab S last weekend, with the Exynos 5420, and I must say that whilst I may be comparing nectarines to oranges, the Tab does definitely sound better than the SnapDragon Note 4... - I personally cannot see any performance issues either...

Looking forward to Samsung bringing everything in house if they're only using Exynos in the S6 :)

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #318 of 756
Kind of off topic, however - I picked up a Galaxy Tab S last weekend, with the Exynos 5420, and I must say that whilst I may be comparing nectarines to oranges, the Tab does definitely sound better than the SnapDragon Note 4... - I personally cannot see any performance issues either...

Looking forward to Samsung bringing everything in house if they're only using Exynos in the S6
smily_headphones1.gif

I have a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (predecessor to the 'S') and I would completely agree - I think that tablet sounds pretty good. I don't know what happened to the Note 4, but the SQ is jaw-droppingly poor.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #319 of 756
I wonder how Samsung decide which countries deserve Exynos, and which are stuck with SnapDragon - I can see no way (short of grey market import) of getting an Exynos N4 in the UK...

In other news, Krutsch be careful what you wish for, early rumours have said the S6 will have a 5.2 inch screen, so not that much smaller than the N4!!

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #320 of 756
I wonder how Samsung decide which countries deserve Exynos, and which are stuck with SnapDragon - I can see no way (short of grey market import) of getting an Exynos N4 in the UK...

In other news, @Krutsch be careful what you wish for, early rumours have said the S6 will have a 5.2 inch screen, so not that much smaller than the N4!!

Just wait for the S6 mate, all countries will get Exynos SoC.

I imagine S6 will play high-res audio by default? Can the Note 4 do that already?

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #321 of 756
Just wait for the S6 mate, all countries will get Exynos SoC.

I imagine S6 will play high-res audio by default? Can the Note 4 do that already?
No, they dropped that feature...

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #322 of 756
No, they dropped that feature...

Hmm that's bad. I hope they offer it with S6. Samsung has to go all the way out if they want to compete with Apple. I would have bought iPhone 6 if it didn't have a crappy camera compared to Android flagships. Note 4 and Nexus 6 cameras crushes iPhone 6 and 6+'s cameras. Also I hate iTunes. Anyway, Wolfson dac is good but I hope the amp will be powerful too.

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #323 of 756

In other news, @Krutsch be careful what you wish for, early rumours have said the S6 will have a 5.2 inch screen, so not that much smaller than the N4!!

Western reviews love snapdragon, some reviewers (android athority if i remember correctly) still claim the note 4 exynos chip is still way behind the snapdragon 805. Notice how the exynos version is mainly concentrated in asia and pacific.

Jan 31, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #324 of 756

Western reviews love snapdragon, some reviewers (android athority if i remember correctly) still claim the note 4 exynos chip is still way behind the snapdragon 805. Notice how the exynos version is mainly concentrated in asia and pacific.

Well, Exynos used to have overheating problems. Samsung solved these. Galaxy Alpha is a great phone, for instance while my Xperia Z1 Compact overheats even when I surf the web (Snapdragon 800). With news chips like 5433 in Note 4 and especially 7420 (14 nm process) in S6, Exynos chips surpass Snapdragon chips in every area. 7420 is going to be a legend, I think. And the only chip that can compete with it will be in the next iPhone. We still don't know how Qualcomm's 64 bit custom chips (Snapdragon 820, probably a year away from being released) will perform. Even then, Samsung will have released a newer, better chip.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #325 of 756
Anyone tried USB audio after Lolli update? D-zero mk2 doesnt seem to work with my Note4.

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #326 of 756
Dis you guys read the review by anandtech.com of note 4 exynos version. If not better do. Most of the tests the exynos smokes the competition. Being a 8 core and with 20nm chipset which is based on a fairly newer architecture Im not surprised.

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #327 of 756
Dis you guys read the review by anandtech.com of note 4 exynos version. If not better do. Most of the tests the exynos smokes the competition. Being a 8 core and with 20nm chipset which is based on a fairly newer architecture Im not surprised.

Have you seen this? Note 4 beats iPhone 6 Plus and Canon DSLR EOS650D. Obviously they used the auto shot feature with Canon for a fair comparison, but it's still an amazing result.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-Note-4-dominates-our-blind-camera-comparison-beats-a-Canon-DSLR-and-the-iPhone-6-Plus_id66093

I don't need a stylus so I'm waiting for Galaxy S6 with even a better 14nm Exynos 7420 chipset with Wolfson dac. In test results, Exynos 7420 beats everything from Apple's A8X to Qualcomm SD 810.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:23 AM Post #328 of 756
Have you seen this? Note 4 beats iPhone 6 Plus and Canon DSLR EOS650D. Obviously they used the auto shot feature with Canon for a fair comparison, but it's still an amazing result.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-Note-4-dominates-our-blind-camera-comparison-beats-a-Canon-DSLR-and-the-iPhone-6-Plus_id66093

I don't need a stylus so I'm waiting for Galaxy S6 with even a better 14nm Exynos 7420 chipset with Wolfson dac. In test results, Exynos 7420 beats everything from Apple's A8X to Qualcomm SD 810.

Not to be a killjoy and not a Canon fan either but 650D isn't much of a comparison as it's not particularly good in auto mode and they used RAW images, why on earth use RAW if you are comparing auto modes?

In saying that the Note 4 camera images do look very nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back