Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Nov 27, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #226 of 756
but i think they all have this problem.also how can i prove the volume fluctuations.if i take it back to carphone wharehouse tomorrow for an exchange.they will test it in the store for five minutes and say its fine.i cant always get it to do it

Nov 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #232 of 756
Right then.

Just got my HiFimeDIY Sabre dac.

Adds a much fuller sound right from the dac itself, and seems a bit more powerful.

Edit - Yup better least a move in the right direction.

A cheap way to improve the sound for sure.
Works with all players I've thrown at it.

Obviously I'll need to use an amp to get the best from it, I'll see if I can find an audio lead for my p4

Edit - Ok no amped yet as im awaiting a cable, but after trying various phones it's hard for me to pinpoint the improvement, as it varies with what phones im running.

I'll leave any more impressions go until i run it amped, least i'll have a much better idea of what it's capable of.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #235 of 756
Finally Im done reading. And still left with no answer for my question. So here it is.

Source: Note 4 Snapdragon
IEM: Westone UM Pro 30
Music: Spotify or maybe Tidal, and will buy some FLAC at hdtracks or where ever.

And now my question.
With UM Pro 30, do I still need an external DAC?
If yes, whats the most portable DAC? Hopefully same size as note 4 so I can rubber band them together.

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #236 of 756
Leckerton's models seem to be quite compact, as well as some Fiio's. Considering the lack of noise and clear sound, extra gear may not do too much for you, considering the price.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #237 of 756
but i think they all have this problem.also how can i prove the volume fluctuations.if i take it back to carphone wharehouse tomorrow for an exchange.they will test it in the store for five minutes and say its fine.i cant always get it to do it

Dunno if you have sold the N4 already, but if not, why not trying different firmware? If you are in UK guess yours is N910F, there is a newer firmware K4, yours might be J4, and you don't need rooting for this, my 2 cents

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #238 of 756
Really happy with my t-mobile note4 so far. Definitely the best audio quality I've heard from an android phone with no audible hiss when using westone 4's. Even better - the pairing with my ath-es10s. I think this is a mobile setup that will keep me happy for a good long while.

New toy syndrome may be interfering with my objectivity, but two days in, I am loving this device and t-mobile. RIP note2, and good riddance to verizon. Running nova launcher but unrooted.

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #239 of 756
I didn't take it back because i cannot prove the volume issue.im on latest fw nj4 the latest fw .this is the firmware that shipped with the uk note4.ive not updated.and when i try it say its on latest fw.i prey samsung fixex this snapdragon mess with next update.otherwise its not listinable

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #240 of 756
I didn't take it back because i cannot prove the volume issue.im on latest fw nj4 the latest fw .this is the firmware that shipped with the uk note4.ive not updated.and when i try it say its on latest fw.i prey samsung fixex this snapdragon mess with next update.otherwise its not listinable

You don't have to wait if you don't want, just flash this new K4 firmware, you can always go back if you are not happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back