Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Nov 13, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #197 of 756
Thanks for the ongoing impressions!  I went ahead and placed my note 4 order on t mobile and am really excited at the anticipated upgrade from a note 2.  Unfortunately, I'm looking at a month+ wait because my wife requires a high capacity iphone 6, and they are majorly back ordered.  Oh well.  Good things come to those who wait right?

Will be rooting, installing nova launcher and eradicating samsung's stock color scheme via wanam exposed as soon as my new toy arrives. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #198 of 756
I had to wait over two weeks for mine from tmobile. Finally came today... But I'm stuck at work. I haven't decided on rooting it yet. Might be the first phone in a while I don't root.

Nov 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #203 of 756
Just subscribed to this thread (and forum), so hi there...

I'm the owner of a N910F (2 weeks) and because of this thread started to use both Poweramp and Neutron. Do enjoy the sound of both, which I use mainly for flac 16bits 44.1khz, but also some 24bits limited to the 48khz sure that is. Now some of you say that Neutron sounds better than Poweramp, but I'm having a hard time trying to find something real towards one. So when you say better, in what this is based on?

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #205 of 756
What is the real verdict on the sound quality of the Note 4? I currently have a Note 3, and without a doubt, with Viper 4A installed, it has the best audio quality, bar none, of any device I've had, pretty much on par with the Samsung Captivate I had back in the day (which had a Wolfson DAC).

The only thing holding me back from the Note 4 is that GSM Arena reviewed the Note 4, and said that it has worse stereo crosstalk when using headphones, compared to other devices. Even the Note 3 is on par with the iPhone. If I get the Note 4, I want it to have the BEST sound quality.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-review-1147p7.php

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #206 of 756
I had a note 3,which before V4A was intolerable. I only listened briefly to the Note 4, which I haven't rooted yet, and it sounded better than the unrooted Note 3. I'd imagine, and I could be completely wrong, the Note 4 with v4a will sound on par with the Note 3,if not better.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #207 of 756
I had a note 3,which before V4A was intolerable. I only listened briefly to the Note 4, which I haven't rooted yet, and it sounded better than the unrooted Note 3. I'd imagine, and I could be completely wrong, the Note 4 with v4a will sound on par with the Note 3,if not better.

This I can agree with; I had to use DSP Manager and now V4A to "fatten" up the sound, otherwise is way too light and tinny, but once I did that, it is all good.

Nov 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #208 of 756
So i tested my mates note4 his also goes up and down in volume. But if you presss the volume button it hasnt changed that.so its the firmware issue for uk note4s.so ive retired my note 4 and will need to use my nokia 808 for music.anyway the note4 sounds like crap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back