Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality
Nov 25, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #212 of 756
My T-Mo Note 4 has shipped and is scheduled for delivery this Friday.  Really looking forward to giving it a listen on my ES10's and W4's!  Will report back and share impressions as compared to my current Note 2.

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #213 of 756
So i tested my mates note4 his also goes up and down in volume. But if you presss the volume button it hasnt changed that.so its the firmware issue for uk note4s.so ive retired my note 4 and will need to use my nokia 808 for music.anyway the note4 sounds like crap

Note 4(N910H)+W4R sounds great with PowerAmp with or w/o V4a. Now I had to put the Fiio X3 to force retirement!

Hey Live1, this issue initially bugged me for a while using the Poweramp. Though I'm not really sure what I did to fix it, but if you use PowerAmp, try to disable/tinker with the Audio's Fade,Crossfade,Gapless,Replay Gain,etc settings.

Good Luck!

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #214 of 756

So i tested my mates note4 his also goes up and down in volume. But if you presss the volume button it hasnt changed that.so its the firmware issue for uk note4s.so ive retired my note 4 and will need to use my nokia 808 for music.anyway the note4 sounds like crap

Note 4(N910H)+W4R sounds great with PowerAmp with or w/o V4a. Now I had to put the Fiio X3 to force retirement!

Hey Live1, this issue initially bugged me for a while using the Poweramp. Though I'm not really sure what I did to fix it, but if you use PowerAmp, try to disable/tinker with the Audio's Fade,Crossfade,Gapless,Replay Gain,etc settings.

Good Luck!

Thrilled to hear that you are enjoying it with W4R's.  Is there any audible hiss?

Nov 25, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #218 of 756

Good Luck!

cheers bro.i do like the note 4 sq ignore my other post, but this volume bug is driving me mad.i wonder if the xenox version has this issue

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #220 of 756
Ive decided to sell.the note4.its not listinable with this volume changing on its own issue.im suprised no uk owners has not noticed this crap

Is it possible you just have a lemon? Have you tried exchanging it for a new one?

Nov 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #221 of 756
No because i cant reproduce the issue.its random.the volume may stay stable for 3 hours then start doing it.plus all the one's in the stores do it.as well as my friend's

Nov 27, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #225 of 756
That would drive me nuts. Why not try to claim it as a manufacturer defect? You should have some sort of warranty right?

If a defect like that damaged your hearing, you would have a product liability claim - and any moderately intelligent retailer should leap at the chance to replace your unit and dodge that bullet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back