Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Apr 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #586 of 726
did you really tested the 256 Gb card yourself with the Note 3 ?  ( I prefer to be sure that it really work before I buy an EXPENSIVE 256 Gb card :D  )

You can always use Amazon and return it with free return shipping if he's wrong.

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #587 of 726
did you really tested the 256 Gb card yourself with the Note 3 ?  ( I prefer to be sure that it really work before I buy an EXPENSIVE 256 Gb card :D  )

Nope, I didn't. No need to, verified several times - for example http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-II-mod-adds-256GB-storage-much-more-battery-life_id4500

I've tested the adaptor though, it works, and after that there is no reason a card of any capacity won't work.

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #588 of 726
With the kitkat update on Note 3, Noozxoide is now working for wired earphones/headphones. Though you will still have to manually turn the settings on if the phone is reset. Enjoying the "audiophile" setting with my IEM's, delivering a step up in clarity and punchy, tight bass.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #589 of 726
I've got the adapter, but have yet to work out a way to get it to fit (without destroying the back of the phone and / or having the adapter dangling loosely from the back of the phone)...

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #590 of 726
I've got the adapter, but have yet to work out a way to get it to fit (without destroying the back of the phone and / or having the adapter dangling loosely from the back of the phone)...

you can always buy a replacement back cheaply and mod it.

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #592 of 726
Apr 21, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #594 of 726
Question:... is USBAPP still THE ONLY PLAYER that can stream 24/192 out to an external DAC ?  

I will really prefer a player with a better playlist support and a better User Interface, but... audiophile and with at least 24/96 support.

USBAPP interface looks very Basic compared to some other Android Players like BlackPlayer :

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #595 of 726
  @NZtechfreak

How do you find the stock headphone out of the Note 3?

Thx

To be honest I have no idea, I basically always use the Dragonfly 1.2 with it because the form factor is so perfect! The DF really only works via the UAPP app, which more or less limits it to local play only, however with a 128GB card in there I don't feel too limited selection-wise. It can actually stream from my NAS and work with UAPP, however you can only select one track at a time that way, so I have to really, REALLY want to listen to a song not amongst the 90GB of music on my card to bother with that.

I expect it'll be similar to all the other phones with Snapdragon SoCs, as they all have the same DAC and all of the several I have tried sound very similar with the exception of the HTCs which have a superior onboard amp.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #596 of 726
With the kitkat update on Note 3, Noozxoide is now working for wired earphones/headphones. Though you will still have to manually turn the settings on if the phone is reset. Enjoying the "audiophile" setting with my IEM's, delivering a step up in clarity and punchy, tight bass.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

noozy is still showing that its not compatible with the Note 3 DAC (SM-N9005)!

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #597 of 726

To be honest I have no idea, I basically always use the Dragonfly 1.2 with it because the form factor is so perfect! The DF really only works via the UAPP app, which more or less limits it to local play only, however with a 128GB card in there I don't feel too limited selection-wise. It can actually stream from my NAS and work with UAPP, however you can only select one track at a time that way, so I have to really, REALLY want to listen to a song not amongst the 90GB of music on my card to bother with that.

I expect it'll be similar to all the other phones with Snapdragon SoCs, as they all have the same DAC and all of the several I have tried sound very similar with the exception of the HTCs which have a superior onboard amp.

So to use a DAC you're forced to usa UAPP app? Thought you could you use any music app of your choice.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #598 of 726
 So to use a DAC you're forced to usa UAPP app? Thought you could you use any music app of your choice.

Depends on the DAC, the DF needs UAPP in order to use the volume control on the amp section. The DF is simply the best for portable though, so overall it's seeing more use than my Pico (which works with any player).

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #600 of 726
Just got my Note 3 today as an upgrade to the Note 2 and am very impressed. The Note 2 was no slouch in it's day but this is all the good of the old and so much more that is new. I haven't really had enough time to properly test out the SQ but initial impressions are quite good. I found the Note 2 a bit too flat for my liking (I know this might be technically superior) but find the bass definition much better on the Note 3. I tried out the Adapt sound and must confess I think it's an amazing idea that you take a hearing test in both ears and the sound is adjusted accordingly. The results were certainly more vibrant and detailed but on tracks by the libertines did suffer from some sibilance. One other useful aspect of this feature is testing the frequency response of your headphones. The first time I used my AKG K550 plugged straight into the Note 3 and didn't hear many of the beeps (admittedly not in a silent room, further testing probably required) But later with my UE900's I only had to pass on a couple.
Through the Fiio e11 it sounded great. It's difficult to say whether it's an improvement on the Note 2 through the e11 as I've not had chance to A/B test them but they both sound great imo. I'm looking at buying an e18 some time soon and hope this might give the perfect bang for buck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back