Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Apr 1, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #556 of 726
Sorry if this has been explained already, but can someone clearly tell me if Today,  we still need UAPP to stream 24/96 bits out to an external DAC ? (I am thinking using the Chord HUGO as DAC/AMP).

I thought 4.4 will bring some sort of improvement on the USB Audio side ? 

Besides, has someone tested the  Note 3 + Chord HUGO ? 

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #557 of 726
  Sorry if this has been explained already, but can someone clearly tell me if Today,  we still need UAPP to stream 24/96 bits out to an external DAC ? (I am thinking using the Chord HUGO as DAC/AMP).

I thought 4.4 will bring some sort of improvement on the USB Audio side ? 

Besides, has someone tested the  Note 3 + Chord HUGO ? 

I did and it works flawlessly with Note 3.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #558 of 726

I did and it works flawlessly with Note 3.

thanks, but can you tell me:

- Which player do you use ?
- do you still need UAPP to play 24/192 without downsampling ?  
- with the stock player, Does the colour of the HUGO's light show the original sampling rate of a lower downsampled rate ? 

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #559 of 726
  thanks, but can you tell me:

- Which player do you use ?
- do you still need UAPP to play 24/192 without downsampling ?  
- with the stock player, Does the colour of the HUGO's light show the original sampling rate of a lower downsampled rate ? 

I use Neutron player. I have not try 24/192 files yet. Yes the color of Hugo will show the original sample rates. I will test more with hi res files, as for now, most of my music are 44.1khz 16bit CD quality. It sure sounds good with a large display.

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #560 of 726
Awesome thread. Picked up a lot of good info, been looking for mini mini USB cables for quite sometime, thankfully I found this thread. I'm really enjoying the audio of my phone, snapdragon N3,rooted,custom ROM, with V4A.V4A,has been unbelievable for this device, really changes it.

Anyway, I received my new IEMS, I went with Heir Audio, 8.a, and I'm loving them. They are perfect for my sound tastes. Plenty of bass, great vocals, I'm happy.

I've been listening using just the N3 and my Fiio e18. Both ways sound incredible, Fiio definitely has an improved sound. I purchased the E18 prior to the Heirs.

Just wondering if I could get some opinions about using a different amp/dac, as I want to get the most out of my IEMS.

I'm not adverse to getting a portable player either, I'm really interested in getting the full experience.

I also have an ipod, which a rarely use. I'm going to try it tonight though.

Last question, right now I'm using just the headphone jack as my mini USB cables broke, I have yet to hear the new IEMS with the USB cable. I was wondering if there would be a noticeable difference with the USB cable? I plan on getting USB audio player pro (read about it in this thread). Thanks in advance.

Apr 10, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #561 of 726
Does V4A play a part when you're using OTG USB to your E18? I also have a Note 3 but it's stock for now. I didn't think it would be worth the effort to root if the signal going to an off-board DAC anyway.

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #563 of 726
Apr 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #564 of 726
Apr 11, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #565 of 726
Edit: Just a typo when I was about to post here. From my sig, how will I know if I have the exynos or snapdragon version?

Listening here with neutron player and Sony SBH80. Wireless audio setup with good playback quality. Can it also stream 24/96 on BT or does it downsize to 16/44? Thanks and more power to this thread!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #566 of 726
Where do you live or where did you buy it?

Apr 12, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #568 of 726
  Yes it does work

Yes it works, It did not play from browser but I downloaded the MCintosh apps, connect Hugo on USB and it works. sound very good for streaming.

Good to hear this since I will receive my HUGO next week.

Can you tell me how you worked around the internal Note3's capacity that cause me problem with all those BIG high-res files: I have +200 Gb of music ! 

--> is there a way to access files stored on a portable WiFi HD ?   Like iDevices can play their files stored on a  Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB hard drive ?

thanks again for you help.  

PS: on the Note3 (or other Android phones), is it possible to use PHYSICAL butons to     "pause"   or   ">SHIP to next track"    music tracks ?

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #570 of 726

Users who are viewing this thread

Back