Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz)
Apr 27, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #605 of 726
I did as well, Note 2 was an incredible phone, but Sammy really killed it with the N3. I can't wait for the N4. I went to check out the S5, I really like the water resistant idea, but couldn't pull the trigger. I have Tmobile, jump plan, it would have cost me about $40, and in 6 months I could grab the N4, but I honestly love this phone.

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #606 of 726
It was between the N3 and S5 for me too but I just couldn't accept a smaller screen after the N2. Somehow they've managed to give the N3 a larger screen and make it appear/feel smaller. Bedt phone ever, looking forward to the N4 but might make me regret jumping ship early haha.

Apr 27, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #607 of 726
I was testing both the Fiio X5 and the E17 as a USB DAC with the Note 3 (latest firmware - 4.4.2)

The E17 works, the X5 doesn't - it tries to start as USB DAC - but keeps flipping back and forth between DAC and player - especially when playing a song.  The X5 shows it is in DAC mode - then I try and start a song on the Note 3 - I hear a second or two - then the player stops - and the X5 toggles away from DAC mode.  On the E17 - works beautifully (major improvement on stock Note 3 sound)

Anyone else see this issue before  ifile a bug??

Apr 29, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #609 of 726
Hi guys, soon I will root my Note 3 to install Viper4Android. I have some questions regarding this. Could you please post the best settings, if there are any, to use the V4A with my Sennheiser Momentum?
Should I also install the volume boost fix or it's not needed with Viper4Android?

Thanks in advance

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #610 of 726
Hey,

I just recevied my Note3 a couple of days ago. I am using Poweramp on it and think that it sounds wonderful. I am curious if anyone has been using it with an Audioquest dragonfly and OTG cable ? I have started to use one, but am confused as to why the color on the dragonfly is not changing when I go to different resolution albums. If anyone has any suggestions to make that happen, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #611 of 726
Hey,

I just recevied my Note3 a couple of days ago. I am using Poweramp on it and think that it sounds wonderful. I am curious if anyone has been using it with an Audioquest dragonfly and OTG cable ? I have started to use one, but am confused as to why the color on the dragonfly is not changing when I go to different resolution albums. If anyone has any suggestions to make that happen, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Darren

You really need to use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) if you're using the Dragonfly, which limits you to local playback (sort of, you can do individual song selections from streaming devices, however that isn't the most user-friendly option obviously). I have a 128GB card in my Note 3 and absolutely LOVE using the Dragonfly with it, the form factor is too perfect and the sound is wonderful for portable.

UAPP lets you control the amp volume level on the Dragonfly also, which you otherwise won't be able to do.

May 1, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #612 of 726
Thanks for your thoughts... so I now have UAPP playing in trial mode.. Sounds nice. I was talking to the dev team for this app and they said they are releasing a new version early next week with the option to search and add folders. I will buy it absolutely when that is implemented.

As I mentioned, I am using Poweramp now and I am consistantly getting music through the dragonfly but without the rate changing on the dragonfly. What format do you think the dragonfly is outputting ? You think its upconverting everything to 96kHz ?

May 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #613 of 726
Thanks for your thoughts... so I now have UAPP playing in trial mode.. Sounds nice. I was talking to the dev team for this app and they said they are releasing a new version early next week with the option to search and add folders. I will buy it absolutely when that is implemented.

As I mentioned, I am using Poweramp now and I am consistantly getting music through the dragonfly but without the rate changing on the dragonfly. What format do you think the dragonfly is outputting ? You think its upconverting everything to 96kHz ?

look in your manual. the color of the LED on the dragonfly shows you what signal it is receiving.

Personally when i had a DF (v1.0), it would either play at 48 or 96. stuff 48 and below went to 48, and 88.2/96/192 all went to my DF at 96.

The UAPP played them at 44.1/48/88.2/96 when appropriate.

This story is the same for my current HRT MicroStreamer.

May 1, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #614 of 726
look in your manual. the color of the LED on the dragonfly shows you what signal it is receiving.

Personally when i had a DF (v1.0), it would either play at 48 or 96. stuff 48 and below went to 48, and 88.2/96/192 all went to my DF at 96.

The UAPP played them at 44.1/48/88.2/96 when appropriate.

This story is the same for my current HRT MicroStreamer.

I have looked in my manual and it states that the color I am outputting is 96kHz. I know that the files I am playing right now though are 44khz, which lead to my confusion. This pink color never changes with Poweramp which lead to my original question of Poweramp upconverting to 96kHz.

Best,
Darren

May 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #615 of 726
Been a while since I had the DF, but from memory was always lit purple (but output was 48khz, so should have been blue??)...

Poweramp does NOT treat the USB signal properly :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back