SAmsung galaxy note 2
Nov 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #61 of 471
Quote:
Gentlemen, 

Can someone confirm that RaySamuel's  new INTRUDER  DAC/AMP is working OK with a stock (non modified kernel) Note 2 through USB ?   What exact cable is needed ?

Also, since SAMSUNG is now manufacturing 128 Go memory chips for phone, does anyone has infos/rumors about a 128 Go Note 2 ? 

thanks

I've already confirmed that, and it is in DanBa's master list of confirmed devices for the Note 2 (ie the information is here and not that difficult to find). 

Cable that is needed is just a USB OTG cable.

No 128GB Note 2 planned as far as anyone knows.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #65 of 471
Quote:
Thought Note 2 owners might like to see this, get an idea of some things to do with their Note 2s :)

Thanks for sharing.  I was thinking about getting the S3 but now I may reconsider and look into the Note 2.  I am in Hong Kong and I just want to make sure that the sound quality on the Note 2 is the same as the S3.  Can you confirm?

I have not had any experience with Android phones yet, but the things that you did with the Note 2 in your video, would you be able to do all these things with the S3 and other Android phones as well?

Thanks!

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #66 of 471
Quote:

International one has a Wolfson, already confirmed by Supercurio via Voodoo Report.

I just saw this.  I guess you already answered one of my questions. :)

Nov 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #67 of 471
Quote:

Hi,

I usually listen in the streets so if there is hiss, it isn't really noticeable with the usual noise pollution here in Hong Kong. However, this morning I listened at home and I do not detect hiss. I hear a soft click about 1-2 seconds after you stop play and that was about it.

I have many friends who have moved from the 4S to the Sammy S3 or Note 2 and once they have overcome the learning curve, they love it, both men and women. The Note 2 is far better than the S3 in every respect, if you can cope with the actual size. 

I hear you about the general noise level in Hong Kong.  I take public transport like most people here.  Very good noise isolation headphones are a must here.

I am just wondering in what way do you think that the Note 2 is better than the S3?  I was going to go for the S3 until I came across NZtechfreak's video. 

Another question:  I can get the Note 2 on a two-year contract with PCCW for HK$299 (2.5GB) for the 3G version, or I can pay HK$349 and get 5GB and the LTE version.  I don't really use the internet a lot so I don't think I really need the extra 2.5GB but does the LTE version have anything else different to it?

Thanks.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #68 of 471
Quote:
I hear you about the general noise level in Hong Kong.  I take public transport like most people here.  Very good noise isolation headphones are a must here.

I am just wondering in what way do you think that the Note 2 is better than the S3?  I was going to go for the S3 until I came across NZtechfreak's video. 

Another question:  I can get the Note 2 on a two-year contract with PCCW for HK$299 (2.5GB) for the 3G version, or I can pay HK$349 and get 5GB and the LTE version.  I don't really use the internet a lot so I don't think I really need the extra 2.5GB but does the LTE version have anything else different to it?

Thanks.

The hardware of the note 2 N7100(3G ver.) & N7105(LTE ver.) are the same, the only differences are the network connectivity.

Nov 15, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #71 of 471
With my UM3x iems i could hear clearly the background hiss even off the store demo unit (quite noisy environment).

In that regard is a step back from the blackness of my iPhone 4s background.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #72 of 471
Quote:
The hardware of the note 2 N7100(3G ver.) & N7105(LTE ver.) are the same, the only differences are the network connectivity.

Thanks for this.  Based on this information, I am leaning towards the G3 model since I am not a heavy data user.

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #74 of 471
Elfary,

Was the demo unit that you listened to plugged in?

I know that if charging associated noise can be heard through iem.

thanks,

Yes it was.

But last year i bought a Note 1 and listening at home (and not charging) the 'android hiss' was still there. I'm afraid i'm so used to iPhones' black background that i notice background hiss pretty fast.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back