SAmsung galaxy note 2
Nov 23, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #91 of 471
Can you comment on the sound of the Galaxy S with Voodoo compared to that of the Galaxy Note 2? Also, any thoughts on how the Note 2 compares to the GS3 International? I would expect the sound to be extremely similar.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #92 of 471
What is the average impedance of iems? I have the EPH-100 listed at 16 ohm but I don´t know how it´s impedance curve go. Is it high enough to not get to much hissing? I just use my Ipod touch on the go so I am not likely going to invest in portable sources/amps. If it sucks I will just keep my Ipod touch on the side.

Most likely going to pick one out today. I think I will skip the 4G and save some money. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #93 of 471
That is the only thing keeping me from switching over to Android.  I'm tired of Apple's restrictions and want to make the move, but none of the other phones compare to an iPhone in musicality. However now that apple is going on a downward slope with the iphone 5 being worse then the iphone 4s, my 4s might be my last apple phone anyway.

Yes i am totally agree with your openion
I am as idevice fan boy since many years .this year i am very disapointed
With new iphone 5.
Sound quality my iphone 4 S is better than iphone 5

I just bought galaxy note II . This is first android smartphone
So far i am very happy with my galaxy note II , sq my ipad 3 > iphone 4S > note II

Note II sound very smooth . Iphone 4 S more detsil and faster bass speed
Overall note II SQ is better than iphone 5
This is my personal opinion

Nov 23, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #94 of 471
Quote:

Most likely going to pick one out today. I think I will skip the 4G and save some money

I am thinking the same thing too.  Hopefully I will be picking one up within the next week.  White or grey?

Nov 23, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #95 of 471
liked the grey better I ended up with the 4g anyway due to a black friday deal. Sounds great can probably ditch my touch

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #96 of 471
That is the only thing keeping me from switching over to Android. I'm tired of Apple's restrictions and want to make the move, but none of the other phones compare to an iPhone in musicality. However now that apple is going on a downward slope with the iphone 5 being worse then the iphone 4s, my 4s might be my last apple phone anyway.

Yes i am totally agree with your openion
I am as idevice fan boy since many years .this year i am very disapointed
With new iphone 5.
Sound quality my iphone 4 S is better than iphone 5

I just bought galaxy note II . This is first android smartphone
So far i am very happy with my galaxy note II , sq my ipad 3 > iphone 4S > note II

Note II sound very smooth . Iphone 4 S more detsil and faster bass speed
Overall note II SQ is better than iphone 5
This is my personal opinion

Very interesting account. What earphones did you use?

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #97 of 471
Hey all, just signed up to the forums (though I've been lurking for a while). I picked up a Note II earlier this month from T mobile (I'll be switching to AT&T soon due to reception issues).

I'm loving the phone so far (my last one didn't even have a camera) and it seems to pair up pretty well with my SE215's. I ran my HD650's straight out of my Note and it certainly didn't sound as good compared to using my O2. I've got a pair of HE-400's coming soon so I'll see if that fares better than the 650's.

As for music players I'm currently using Neutron MP (based on recommendations from around head-fi) which apart from the (imo) uggly ui seems to working well.

Sent from my Note II

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #98 of 471
Is It Important to have the battery charged? The touch can get considerably louder and certainly do sound better overall trying to levelmatch them. Hurted when i realized i preferred the touch at 96 vs 320 on the note 2 playing all kind of music lol. Note 2 wins big on everything else

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #102 of 471
Nov 27, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #103 of 471
I've been using the stock headphones with my Note II since I received it because my Westone UM1's plug wide plug wouldn't fit in my Note II's case.  I've always mainly used my phones for podcasts and audio books and not so much for music so I didn't mind the crappy headphones.  I ended up modding my UM1's plug so it will fit in my Note II's case.  I've used a Zune HD almost exclusivly for music the last several years, and this is really the first time I've used my UM1's with anything other than my Zune HD.  I don't have much in the way of Music on my Note II right now, but I did have some AC/DC, Jack Johnson, and Cross Canadian Ragweed on my Note II so I just gave it a spin since I just finished modding my UM1's...

I've always though my ZuneHD had pretty good sound quality, but wow do I love the Note II's sound.  The ZuneHD always seemed to lack in bass and was very neutral to my ears.  The Note II seems warmer to me, but not to the point of being muddy or lacking detail.  In fact I think the detail from the Note II seems significantly better than the Zune HD.  I always thought my UM1's were really lacking in bass and highs with the midrange really standing out, but with the Note II I'm now learning that the issue was more with my Zune HD more so than my UM1's.  Bass is tight and controlled, not boomy at all.  Great detail on the highs.  Going to have to start loading my Note II with more Music, loving it so far.  Best piece of technology I've ever owned.

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #105 of 471
Quote:
I use for direct note 2 :
Fit ear 334 to go
Phonak pre 232
Custom iem UM Miracle
Custom iem jh 16 pro
Vsonic gr 01 and gr 07 mk2

Thanks for the info.

It looks like the output impedance of the source is a key issue for you. As it is for me. Hence i'm keeping iPhone 4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back