Same price, which is better?

Which pair is better for a work environment with almost no face to face communication?

• ATH-WS99BT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATH-WS990BT

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Aug 7, 2018 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Fluidic

New Head-Fier
Aug 7, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 7
I owned and sold the WS99BT to my brother. I very much enjoyed that headphone as does he. Personally I tend to not really need, use or particularly like noise cancelling.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 7
I just sold the ath-ws99bt to my co-worker. One of the best wireless headphones I've heard, I just have no need for it right now. The non noise canceling version is 25 grams lighter if that matters.

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Are you sure you want noise canceling for work? You won't be able to hear much of what is going on in the environment...
I work as IT in a health clinic so the majority of my day will be handled in a ticket system with little face to face communication when I would be wearing them. I don't have an office though, just a cubicle, so I thought that having the noise cancelling might help to keep the outside noise down.

@Sonic Defender @Mhog55 When listening to music, what was it like in a loud environment? Was it hard to hear the music at all or was it just fine?

Aug 7, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 7
If you have them turned up loud, you can't hear crap. I also noticed that they have different frequency numbers. Not sure how much that may change the sound. I don't know much about noise canceling cans, but the Ohms are much higher with the noise canceling cans when that feature is in use.

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #7 of 7
If you are listening at moderate or louder volumes only very loud, like screaming will interfere with your music. I used the WS99BT on loud public transit with no issues at all. My brother uses them in a loud gym and same thing for him, no issues. Not sure if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back