Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #331 of 351
Wow! The black looks great!

beerchug.gif

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #334 of 351
Quote:
I'd say it turned out pretty good...

DANG thats beautiful. How did you anodize it black like that, yet leaving the logos grey??? and what about the volume knob? I'd love to see higher res pictures when you get a chance, or when its all back together.

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #335 of 351
Quote:

DANG thats beautiful. How did you anodize it black like that, yet leaving the logos grey??? and what about the volume knob? I'd love to see higher res pictures when you get a chance, or when its all back together.

Thanks!  It's a secret.   
smile.gif
  It's not perfect though.  You can see the headphone logo lost a little piece but it's good enough for me.  I forgot to do the volume knob so for now it has a "two tone look".  Here's a picture of it after I put it back together. Sorry for the piece of lint in the upper right and any other specs of dust you might see.  I'll try to clean it up a little better next time.  If there is enough interest, I was thinking about possibly offering a service to convert people's Schiit gear over to black as well as offering custom LEDs like blue/red/green, etc.

Mar 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #336 of 351
Thanks!  It's a secret.   
smile.gif

It's not perfect though.  You can see the headphone logo lost a little piece but it's good enough for me.  I forgot to do the volume knob so for now it has a "two tone look".  Here's a picture of it after I put it back together. Sorry for the piece of lint in the upper right and any other specs of dust you might see.  I'll try to clean it up a little better next time.  If there is enough interest, I was thinking about possibly offering a service to convert people's Schiit gear over to black as well as offering custom LEDs like blue/red/green, etc.

Nice!! That looks great!! I do like the classic silver Schiit's but that black is sexy

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #337 of 351
I think it looks great in black with the silver volume knob! I think I'm going to have to get one of these bad boys and throw my fiio eo9k out the window...

Mar 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #339 of 351
Yup. The knob in silver makes the color scheme perfect. I'd probably would've left the upper 'grill' silver, which is what I think you did. :)

Mar 22, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #342 of 351
They are similar. I've owned them all. The original Asgard was the hottest. The lyr and A2 do not get quite as warm. 

Mar 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #343 of 351
Hi guys,

Do you have any update for Asgard2?
Or it is only one of similar functioning SS amps regardless of performance numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back