Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Mar 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #316 of 351
Should the transformer hum cause any worry from a functional standpoint? Is there any problem if I simply don't mind the hum?

Mar 3, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #317 of 351
Mar 3, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #318 of 351
Quote:
Should the transformer hum cause any worry from a functional standpoint? Is there any problem if I simply don't mind the hum?

Not that I can think of; it's just the mechanical hum of lamination. Functionally, with the volume all the way up and in high gain mode, mine is 99.9% dead silent through headphones. 

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #319 of 351
Quote:
Do you guys know what these splotches would be? 

Hmm, interesting. White powdery residue on an item from California? Not sure I wanna know...
wink_face.gif

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #320 of 351
Quote:
Hmm, interesting. White powdery residue on an item from California? Not sure I wanna know...
wink_face.gif

That could explain the K9 unit following the FedEx truck that brought me mine and the 'telephone repair truck
wink_face.gif
' parked accross the street for the past few days.

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #321 of 351
Quote:
That could explain the K9 unit following the FedEx truck that brought me mine and the 'telephone repair truck
wink_face.gif
' parked accross the street for the past few days.

Remain calm! Wipe the A2 clean and quickly drill two holes in the top. Slide some tubes thru the holes and tell the Feds it's only a Lyr. If they start looking closely, poke the K9 dog in the eyes "3 stooges style" and run out the back door.
eek.gif

Serpentine, Shel! Serpentine!*
biggrin.gif

*obscure movie reference

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #323 of 351
News from track and trace - my Asgard 2 is on the way from customs to me 
popcorn.gif
 - and my new HD650 arrived today
smile_phones.gif
 - listening time, and it can only get better.

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #326 of 351
Picked up yesterday, allowed to burn in for 8 hours (while I was working) and then listening time with the new HD 650. One word - Wonderful! And it got better and better through the evening. I have never heard so many details and such vast dynamics in Beethoven's violin concerto with Hillary Hahn and Bernstein 
L3000.gif
. What to chose this evening? - lots of possibilities.

My A2 (serial number 215) has no traces of physical hum at all - can it be another transformer as mine is for 230V and 50 Hz?

Mar 8, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #327 of 351
Quote:
Picked up yesterday, allowed to burn in for 8 hours (while I was working) and then listening time with the new HD 650. One word - Wonderful! And it got better and better through the evening. I have never heard so many details and such vast dynamics in Beethoven's violin concerto with Hillary Hahn and Bernstein 
L3000.gif

My A2 (serial number 215) has no traces of physical hum at all - can it be another transformer as mine is for 230V and 50 Hz?

Am I seeing a trend - 220V/50 Hz transformers do not have hum? I saw at least a few posts reporting that. I feel jealous... 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #328 of 351
Quote:
L3000.gif

Ummm, I hate to be nitpicking, but Hahn would have been about eleven when Bernstein died.  Her recording of the Beethoven does come with Bernstein's Serenade, which he wrote.

Mar 11, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #329 of 351
Sorry, you are of course right. She is playing with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, conducted by David Zinman. My bad not reading the cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back