Same old Schiit? Um, no. Welcome to Asgard 2!
Feb 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #169 of 351
Ordered mine the 8th.  Keeping fingers crossed as well.  I'm guessing this weekend will be a big assembly push.  I bet a lot of A2s go out the door on Monday.

Quote:
I ordered mine February 10th, no shipping info yet, but I am hoping they open the flood gates today!

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #171 of 351
Quote:

Just got my shipping confirmation. I have overnight USPS shipping, we shall see when I get it.....

Stoked to hear some feedback! And remember, the best way to burn in your amp is by listening...and telling us what you hear :) 

(If anyone getting an Asgard 2 has both a HD650 and Ray Samuels SR71A, I'll be eager to hear a comparison...) 

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #172 of 351
My amp is still out on delivery for today. I ordered it on 02/06 and selected standard FedEx. I got my shipping confirmation yesterday. Guessing it's so quick because I only live about 2 hours away from where schiit is made.

Feb 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #173 of 351
I just got my shipping notice.  I'll have it next week!

Feb 22, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #174 of 351
Just placed my order. Can't wait to hear how it compares to my previous Asgard & Valhalla.

Interesting that it has the pre-amp outs. So when I unplug the headphone, will the amp turn off? (i.e.: will it run cool?). This potentially is Schiit's beachhead into the 2 channel stereo world. I look forward to my matching 400wpc Schiit amp to plug my Magnepans into :) One pre-amp to control all of my home listening...

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #176 of 351
I look forward to many of your guys' impressions, as I am pondering stepping into Schiit territory myself via the Asgard 2.

I am looking for an amp with a bit less aggressive of a top-end, and it seems Schiit's Asgard may be it? I base that assumption on this from Schiit's Asgard 2 FAQ:

So does it sound different?
Yes, it does, but it retains Asgard’s relaxed, natural character, together with additional transparency and dynamics.

So...relaxed, what does that mean exactly?

Feb 22, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #177 of 351
Quote:
I look forward to many of your guys' impressions, as I am pondering stepping into Schiit territory myself via the Asgard 2.

I am looking for an amp with a bit less aggressive of a top-end, and it seems Schiit's Asgard may be it? I base that assumption on this from Schiit's Asgard 2 FAQ:

Yes, it does, but it retains Asgard’s relaxed, natural character, together with additional transparency and dynamics.

From my emails with Jason, it seems like the Asgard 2 may have better treble than the first Asgard. Comparing to the first Asgard, Jason said "adding a nice, airy extended top-end." The 1st Asgard has very relaxed treble.

Feb 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #178 of 351

There is so many words which should be interpreted....
Here is some definition of what people say.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/220770/describing-sound-a-glossary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back