S:flo2 impressions thread
Aug 13, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #3,301 of 3,682

Quote:
I wrestled with the 8 vs 16gb as well, but then factored in the 32GB microSD and realized I was good either way. 
biggrin.gif

For me it won't be such an issue once we have at least a 64 gb sd card available. once they go higher than that and the prices become somewhat reasonable I'll be very happy then.

Aug 18, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #3,303 of 3,682
I've reverted to firmware 2.2 and I think I may be enjoying it better than 2.3. For some reason I seem to be getting better synergy if you will. Seems like I can hear more detail in the music due to this. Also the bass is a bit more prominent.

Edit: I've reverted back to version 2.3 as I was missing the clarity and the tightened bass. I guess it depends on what headphones/IEMs you are using.

Aug 25, 2011 at 1:00 PM Post #3,305 of 3,682
Sorry to hear that.. One more S:Flo2 mysterious death.. After Fiio X3 comes out, I am afraid this player shall fall in oblivion...

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #3,306 of 3,682

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.. One more S:Flo2 mysterious death.. After Fiio X3 comes out, I am afraid this player shall fall in oblivion...

At least until the T59 is put into production. But if they don't learn from the mistakes of the T51, it will go nowhere either.

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #3,307 of 3,682
Unfortunately the Fiio X3's development has been frozen (see the main thread) and in the case of the T59... well, let's just say that although I never had any problems with the T51/S:Flo2 (and I think this whole re-branding MP4 Nation thing is part of the problem as the S:Flo2 isn't their player and they don't deal with repairs etc themselves), I'd prefer my next portable source to be one which doesn't create a headache when it comes to sending it off for repairs or getting it replaced should it be required.

Sep 17, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #3,308 of 3,682

Quote:
Unfortunately the Fiio X3's development has been frozen (see the main thread) and in the case of the T59... well, let's just say that although I never had any problems with the T51/S:Flo2 (and I think this whole re-branding MP4 Nation thing is part of the problem as the S:Flo2 isn't their player and they don't deal with repairs etc themselves), I'd prefer my next portable source to be one which doesn't create a headache when it comes to sending it off for repairs or getting it replaced should it be required.

Couldn't agree more. I just accepted my refund from MP4NATION and I am happy now. Too bad it didn't work out though. But I've moved on to the Hifman 601 (surprisingly got a defective one too lol out of box, that was rectified within a week) and am quite happy with it.

Sep 17, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #3,310 of 3,682

Quote:
i wanted to ask:

a lot of reviews have said that the scrolling on the s:flo2 os awful, has that been fixed?? or is it still the same??

It's something I could live with. Its not as smooth as an ipod or as fast. But I was able to work with it. Pretty much for the sound quality gain I got from the device I was willing to live with some of its shortcomings (The UI being the biggest one).

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #3,312 of 3,682

Quote:
OK, thanks

I actually replaced my Sflo2 with a Hifiman 601 if that helps. I find its sound signature to be more to my liking. The Sflo2 is quite smooth on its own but more focused on the treble, and its bass is leaner. The Hifman 601 is more smooth and laid back with more emphasis on the Mids and bass. Just make sure you're IEM/headphones have synergy with your source or you will be in for big disappointment. I would have kept my Sflo2 though if I had been able to get  one in working order. Both my new units came with defects and the only option was for a refund sadly.

Sep 24, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #3,313 of 3,682
Any update or news about the T59????

Sep 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #3,314 of 3,682

Quote:
Any update or news about the T59????

20 years goes by :wink:
rflmao, if they address all the quirks and clunky UI with the T59, manage to get better sound, and at a lower cost (that is from what I've heard), I'm totally in. I still love the sound of the Sflo2 just I had 2(too)lol many issues with my Sflo2's. Two consecutive defective units and no way to solve it other than refund (still appreciate that though).

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #3,315 of 3,682
I bought a Teclast t51 based on the positive feedback here purely for sound quality. I normally use a Rockboxed Sansa 2  with a UE TF10. Even after running in for 20hrs with my Grado SR60i at full volume I do not feel the sound of the Teclast T51 has opened up. I feel my Sansa Fuze 2 is pretty transparent, neutral with tight bass. So my question is - is this how - soft bass,forward mids, warm treble is how the Teclast sounds ? Or should I run it for more hours before I judge it. I am a little worried as of now. (Actually, even my Macbook , that I am currently listening to, sounds transparent). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back