S:flo2 impressions thread
Dec 20, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #2,928 of 3,682
I get approximately 6 - 7 hrs of playtime with my S:flo2 16gb playing 80% FLAC. Granted I way playing it almost non-stop so play scenario would be different for everyone.

Quote:
one last question, i heard s:flo2/t51 got short battery life with flac playback. is that true? how long does the battery last for flac?

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #2,929 of 3,682

Quote:

Quote:
Hi, I'm looking to purchase a new mp3 player, my kenwood hd60gd9 is finally dieing, the battery won't hold its charge for long.  I don't know whether to go for the Headdirect 601, Cowon J3 or the s:flo2.  Any suggestions will be great. 

Having owned the J3, S:flo2, and HM-602 (similar, but apparently not quite the same as a 601) I can say that for me the 602 was by far the clear winner in terms of pure SQ, and is the one I kept and use every day. 

x2 on the bold.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #2,930 of 3,682
As i read about 50 pages of this thread, someone mentioned when he wanted to play his whole library random, but the s:flo2 keep repeat some previous played song -  not actually random. Is a bug with s:flo2 or just a rare case?

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #2,932 of 3,682
When I am playing on random, my most used for general listening, the sFlo:2 only sees the music in the root of my music folder and not anything in the sub directories. I have to move all of my songs to the root of the Music directory for the random play to see them. When I move the songs to the root of the Music directory the number of songs at the bottom of the now playing screen increases and I can hear the moved songs.

Also it only plays a selection of set songs unless I browse and select a different song and then it plays a different set of songs. Random isn't really random.

My Sansa e280 and iPod 5g, both Rockboxed, have no trouble with this.

Quote:
As i read about 50 pages of this thread, someone mentioned when he wanted to play his whole library random, but the s:flo2 keep repeat some previous played song -  not actually random. Is a bug with s:flo2 or just a rare case?

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #2,933 of 3,682
So basically if i want to play random through my library i have to put all my music in the root  folder?, but dont s:flo have problem with reading tag in FLAC file?  does that mean it will be a nightmare when i try to find a specific song in a 25gb of music folder?

Dec 25, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #2,934 of 3,682
I have it in a Music folder but it doesn't see subdirectories after that. I have a Video folder and want to keep them separate form the music so I don't put everything in the root.

Maybe I have to try puting directories in the root and only playing music but that is taking away some of it's uses. Besides my iPod 5g through a Little Dot Mk1+ does the subdirectories and, to me, is a better musical experience.

Quote:
So basically if i want to play random through my library i have to put all my music in the root  folder?, but dont s:flo have problem with reading tag in FLAC file?  does that mean it will be a nightmare when i try to find a specific song in a 25gb of music folder?

Dec 25, 2010 at 9:25 AM Post #2,935 of 3,682
Are you on about using random when browsing by directory as that only lets you play the files visible ? why would you not just select "All Files" from the db view then it plays them all randomly ?

Dec 25, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #2,936 of 3,682
I have been playing and that does work. Getting to the All Files is not intuitive though as you have to go back to a screen that you havn't been to yet. There is another problem though because when you stop a listening session and turn on the sFlo2 to play music it continues from the same song but only recognizes the music in the current directory so you have to start the random process again. The funny thing is I have never had to browse to the Music directory the sFlo2 seems to find its way there ok.

So to have a real shuttle or random feature that lets you continue from where you left off, I quite often pause a song to play when I have more time, I have to put all of my music in one directory.

Also when I am playing music and go to the Tools section and Browse I can't see other directories, only the one I am in. To change out of there I have to keep pressing the back button to get to the other Tools screen that I havn't been to yet.

Sterob might be happy with this information though.

Now to go get my Rockboxed 5G and Little Dot.

Quote:
Are you on about using random when browsing by directory as that only lets you play the files visible ? why would you not just select "All Files" from the db view then it plays them all randomly ?

Jan 1, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #2,937 of 3,682
Well it looks like my Sflo2 just died on Thursday I spent all day yesterday trying to bring it to life with no luck.  I just put in a support ticket at mp4nationa and so the waiting begins.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #2,938 of 3,682

Quote:

I do that, and if I select the same song as a starting point I usually get the same list of songs.  If you're looking for a player to put on shuffle and just go, then this is not the player IMO.  If you are going to pick and listen to Albums, then you should have no problem.

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #2,940 of 3,682
Quote:
hi.. my t51 gets really hot if i use and keep it inside my pocket.. do you have such problem?

It is norm for T51 / s:flo2 to get warm during operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back