S:flo2 impressions thread
Jan 10, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #2,956 of 3,682
This is getting ridiculous. Mine was "mailed out" on the 14th and the tracking number is still not showing up on the HKP website. I have opened several tickets on their site and the only response I get is that they will "look into it". 
I think everyone who has ordered one of the batch 3's and not yet received theirs should speak up here.
Raz if you are following this thread (which you should be), you need to take some ownership of this issue and resolve it and not just pass the buck to HKP.

Jan 10, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #2,957 of 3,682
My tracking number never worked w/ HKP.  It just showed up one day after sitting at the post office more than a month w/o a return address.  All sounds pretty standard to me.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2,958 of 3,682
Darn I was thinking about ordering a s:flo2 from mp4 nation as well, looks like I'll have to wait a month to get it? is it really worth it for the ems shipping?

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #2,959 of 3,682
Uh, yeah.  Back on the 16th of December I got a mail message:

Date Ordered: Friday 17 September, 2010

The comments for your order are: Item mailed out.

Tracking below via http://www.hongkongpost.com - Please allow upto 5 working
days for tracking to update on HKP.

Tracking number: xxxx
Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Mailed Out

The tracking number never worked.  I opened a ticket and got a response saying that they couldn't get a response from HKP so they weren't sure where my package was.

A couple of days ago I got another email.  This one was rather cryptic.  It just stated a weight of 500+ grams.  Checked HKP, nothing.

Today I went and checked it again.  It has finally entered the system.  And it has a ship date of Jan 9th, two days ago.  I don't know if this package has been sitting in the HKP for weeks or if it wasn't really shipped on the 16th of December.  I do know that this is no way to run a business.

I'm not interested in the local apologists coming in to defend this company.  I've read it all before here.  Save your breath.  There's no excuse for this.

Even if this is the end all of a PMP I doubt I will do business with a company that cannot do a better job getting their products delivered.  In comparison, I ordered several items from iBasso.  I got those deliveries faster than I often get things sent here in the states.  So it can be done.  I suggest you do it.

Jan 11, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #2,960 of 3,682
Man that really makes me think twice before ordering... not sure what to do now, maybe try my luck with ebay?

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #2,961 of 3,682
I'd say that if you're going to order then do the EMS shipping.  By all accounts this is a great PMP.  Well, by almost all accounts.  I don't regret ordering, especially if it as good as everyone says.   I'm just disappointed in the delays.  My contact with their CS was mostly prompt, if a little thin on details.  It might have been an entirely different experience if I'd have gone with the expedited shipping.  But back in September I didn't know there'd be so many production delays and then another month or more just to get it delivered.

My intent isn't to discourage you or anyone else from buying.  I'm just rrelating my experience in the hope that the company will improve this part of their business.  I hope you do order from them.  And I hope the expedited shipping works out.  And, finally, I hope you enjoy the player.

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2,962 of 3,682
thanks, I definitely getting one, by sound of it on the site I didn't think the ems shipping was worth the extra 20 bucks, but I guess it is. Anyone use the EMS shipping and care to add weather or not you thought it was worth the extra?

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #2,964 of 3,682
EMS isn't the issue. MP4Nation isn't shipping the damn things out! The tracking numbers are pre-printed on the labels so they can tell you what the tracking number is. But that doesn't mean they shipped it!  

My guess? They do not stock the S:Flo2 and order these things in batches from Teclast as orders come in. When you get an Email that your player has "Shipped"? I believe that's when they've actually ordered the things and they've shipped from Teclast. That's when they assign you a tracking number. 

When it's in they finally take it down to HKP and actually SHIP it. At that point it becomes trackable. I've shipped via EMS from Hong Kong before. As in sent stuff home to the US from there. The moment I turned the package over? It was trackable. NEVER was there a wait to update.  

I wish Raz and MP4Nation would be honest about this. It's about to cost them a paypal claim as I paid for EMS shipping to get the player prior to Christmas and was told it "shipped" on 12/20, but only became trackable on 1/10. My bet? I get it by Friday. EMS hasn't ever taken more than 5 working days from HK.

Anyone know of anyplace reliable to order the Teclast T51? If I like this one I'd want to get one for a family member but will sure as hell NEVER order from MP4Nation again.

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #2,965 of 3,682

Quote:
EMS isn't the issue. MP4Nation isn't shipping the damn things out! The tracking numbers are pre-printed on the labels so they can tell you what the tracking number is. But that doesn't mean they shipped it!  

My guess? They do not stock the S:Flo2 and order these things in batches from Teclast as orders come in. When you get an Email that your player has "Shipped"? I believe that's when they've actually ordered the things and they've shipped from Teclast. That's when they assign you a tracking number. 

When it's in they finally take it down to HKP and actually SHIP it. At that point it becomes trackable. I've shipped via EMS from Hong Kong before. As in sent stuff home to the US from there. The moment I turned the package over? It was trackable. NEVER was there a wait to update.  

I wish Raz and MP4Nation would be honest about this. It's about to cost them a paypal claim as I paid for EMS shipping to get the player prior to Christmas and was told it "shipped" on 12/20, but only became trackable on 1/10. My bet? I get it by Friday. EMS hasn't ever taken more than 5 working days from HK.

Anyone know of anyplace reliable to order the Teclast T51? If I like this one I'd want to get one for a family member but will sure as hell NEVER order from MP4Nation again.

This seems to mirror my experience as well.  It was the only hypothesis I could come up with too.  Houseofdap carries the T51.

Jan 11, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #2,967 of 3,682

Quote:
If your going to order from hong kong you better order this month. CNY is next month and nothing will get here til March. 

Oh yeah, Februrary =

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #2,969 of 3,682

Quote:
This seems to mirror my experience as well.  It was the only hypothesis I could come up with too.  Houseofdap carries the T51.

anyone have experience with this site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back