S:flo2 impressions thread
May 26, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #1,306 of 3,682
I think there might be a chance mp4nation manufacture the sflo2 themselves? Might explain why nationite has the 16 gb version, well im not really sure.

Off-topic: How do you guys type a message under a quote? >< My cursor never go below the quote...
Quote:
While the delays suck it's not mp4nations fault or any other retailer. Blame Teclast for not having a decent quantity of parts to build the SFLO:2

May 26, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #1,307 of 3,682

Quote:
I think there might be a chance mp4nation manufacture the sflo2 themselves? Might explain why nationite has the 16 gb version, well im not really sure.

Off-topic: How do you guys type a message under a quote? >< My cursor never go below the quote...

No, Teclast makes them for mp4nation with a custom back and a 16GB version, mp4nation does not make them.

May 26, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #1,308 of 3,682

Quote:
Okay, the T3 with the ER4S and the S:Flo is just so much more detailed. Yikes. That LO is very good. I'll have to admit that the somewhat lazy treble of the HPO disturbs my senses a bit, but with the T3D - yikes it is wonderful.

The more I read about the S:Flo, the more I want to use the LO and buy an amp. I think I just convinced myself to get an Alo RX over the much cheaper T3. Hopefully the S:Flos start shipping soon.

May 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #1,309 of 3,682
Talking to some other members the Arrow seems like a good idea; it's about the same size as the player, adjustable gain so the LO won't blow my ears off, bass boost which affects the frequency a bit lower than the s:flo's onboard EQ does, inputs at both ends so can have the volume and HO of the amp sticking the right way out of whatever case I put it in, few other bits. Good price as it's within the EU so no customs fees.

May 26, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #1,310 of 3,682

Quote:
The more I read about the S:Flo, the more I want to use the LO and buy an amp. I think I just convinced myself to get an Alo RX over the much cheaper T3. Hopefully the S:Flos start shipping soon.

ALO Rx pairs nicely with the T51. Same exact size so it all looks good; actually.... here's a picture of mine with the ALO Rx :)

May 26, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #1,311 of 3,682
That's a lot of extra stuff to have on a player for me lol. But New duke I'm personally kinda impatient with the order system too but what can you do right? I for one think MP4 nation does try to do everything in thier power to help so I'm gonna wait and get this player I for one really want to hear the goodness everyone is talkin bout cause if this does not live up to the hyp I will send it back and then just get a normal player and use mp3's from now on.

Swan good goin on tellin people what needs to be said I for one agree with everything you say your a great help on this post. Thank you
redface.gif

May 26, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #1,312 of 3,682

Thanks for the pics YoungSpade. The Alo looks like it matches up pretty well and I'm not too concerned with the size anymore as the elastic bands pretty much make it seem like one unit with the s:flo.

I don't blame mp4nation for not having the s:flo in stock; they are the retailer and not the manufacturer. However, I agree with New Duke that mp4nation should have put a disclaimer notifying customers that the s:flo was out of stock (as I had no idea when I ordered mine). 

May 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #1,314 of 3,682
elow,

Just wondering have anyone used the UE sound attenuator for the LO?  It would be great if we can use the LO without sacrificing more money on a portable amp.

@ spade

what is the total thickness of your combo? Have you tried using the ipod case you were saying a few pages back.

thanks.
CC

May 27, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #1,315 of 3,682

Quote:
The E5 would be a serious downgrade to the signal path and would end up sounding worse than the Headphone out. In order to get the LO paired with an amp that sounds better than the HO your going to have to step up and purchase a really good amp. Otherwise your just better off using the HO.

I COMPLETELY agree with swanlee.

DO NOT EVER USE LOW QUALITY HEADPHONE AMP WITH S:FLO2 LINE-OUT !  THE AMP WILL SERIOUSLY DEGRADE THE ORIGINALLY EXCELLENT S:FLO2 LINE OUT SOUND !  JUST USE THE VERY GOOD HEADPHONE OUT INSTEAD OF USING LOW QUALITY AMP WITH LINE-OUT.

Again, my set up is:

S:FLO2 line-out --> right-angled mini-to-mini electromagnetically shielded silver interconnects --> Qables iQube V1 (in Low Gain mode) --> Etymotic Research P-to-S Adapter --> ER-4P

My current setup really offers greater SQ than through just the headphone out, but this is at a MUCH bigger additional cost.  So, it is not a very cost effective setup and I do not recommend this to everyone, but I personally feel that the SQ I get from my setup is really worth the added investment.

You have been warned !

May 27, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #1,316 of 3,682

Quote:

I COMPLETELY agree with swanlee.

DO NOT EVER USE LOW QUALITY HEADPHONE AMP WITH S:FLO2 LINE-OUT !  THE AMP WILL SERIOUSLY DEGRADE THE ORIGINALLY EXCELLENT S:FLO2 LINE OUT SOUND !  JUST USE THE VERY GOOD HEADPHONE OUT INSTEAD OF USING LOW QUALITY AMP WITH LINE-OUT.

Again, my set up is:

S:FLO2 line-out --> right-angled mini-to-mini electromagnetically shielded silver interconnects --> Qables iQube V1 (in Low Gain mode) --> Etymotic Research P-to-S Adapter --> ER-4P

My current setup really offers greater SQ than through just the headphone out, but this is at a MUCH bigger additional cost.  So, it is not a very cost effective setup and I do not recommend this to everyone, but I personally feel that the SQ I get from my setup is really worth the added investment.

You have been warned !

Just for fun I dug out my E5 and used it with the LO of the SFLO:2 and it was pretty bad, distortion was bad and it did not sound good at all. The E5 is a neat little cheap portable amp but it should not come within 10Ft of the SFLO:2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back