S:flo2 impressions thread
May 25, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #1,291 of 3,682
so a fiio e5 would be enough to use the line out? As in would it still be better than using the HPO?

May 25, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #1,293 of 3,682

Quote:
so a fiio e5 would be enough to use the line out? As in would it still be better than using the HPO?

The E5 would be a serious downgrade to the signal path and would end up sounding worse than the Headphone out. In order to get the LO paired with an amp that sounds better than the HO your going to have to step up and purchase a really good amp. Otherwise your just better off using the HO.

May 25, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #1,294 of 3,682
Does anyone actually get the s:flo2 from the latest batch yet?

May 25, 2010 at 7:23 AM Post #1,295 of 3,682
Nope, they have not even shipped yet.

May 25, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #1,296 of 3,682
devil_face.gif
They locked the forum for the update on the shipping saying it was just them being hated on and they will update when it does come into stock, But good thing we in the 3rd batch get the 2.2 firm preloaded when they do arrive. I didn't go ems strikly cause it's 18.50$ I mean damn lol fed ex 3 day is that price I guess and the ems I have no idea about so I said no.

If I had to do this again I wouldn't but since my money is tied up in it I might as well wait for another month now because of free shipping. I am really hoping it makes my sennheiser 438's loud cause if it doesn't I will be majorly dissapointed.

May 25, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #1,297 of 3,682

Quote:

I did it for a laugh, it sounded like crap. Horribly distorted. E5 seems to be designed to bump up a low powered HO just a bit, not replace anything that is already decent. The S:FLO2 HO is a lot better then my Cowon D2, Zune 30 and my missus iPod Classic. If anything, the next best HO for power I have heard in the Teclast MD50.

May 26, 2010 at 5:21 AM Post #1,299 of 3,682
Hey guys it's New Duke from the MP4Nation forum. Yeah, it sucks that they locked the thread and criticised people for naturally being curious/upset about the continuing delays and sketchy updates. I've never seen such an arrogant and at times hostile attitude from any retailer and it's been consistently poor over the last few months. The product is still being sold and yet nowhere on the product page does it say that the player isn't in stock, which I find misleading.

So I sadly decided yesterday to cancel my order and request a refund (which I expect they'll make me fight for) as voting with my wallet is my only means of protest. It's a shame as swanlee's impressions really got me amped up about this player. I've bought instead a Sony X1050 which I'll mod to add a LO, the retailer that I bought that from was polite and efficient.

If the firmware gets significantly improved then may buy a second hand s:flo2 in a few months so that MP4Nation get no profit from it and I can still hear it perform, I'll share my impressions when I do.

I hope those still waiting get the player soon and love it.

May 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM Post #1,300 of 3,682
Hey Duke,

Sorry to hear that you have cancelled, if it does not ship this week I may do the same as they money would be handy for a new Amp \ DAC. The sonys do look nice I hope you enjoy it.

May 26, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #1,301 of 3,682
Wow... I went to some computer centers in Guangzhou china and apparently they are all out of stock. They were suppose to stock up the T51 by end of this month or next but it seems to be delayed. Cheaper than buying from mp4 nation i guess, since it's going for 
799 RMB which is around 103 USD. Guess i will have to visit those places again next month... :frowning2:

May 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #1,302 of 3,682

Quote:
Wow... I went to some computer centers in Guangzhou china and apparently they are all out of stock. They were suppose to stock up the T51 by end of this month or next but it seems to be delayed. Cheaper than buying from mp4 nation i guess, since it's going for 
799 RMB which is around 103 USD. Guess i will have to visit those places again next month... :frowning2:

While the delays suck it's not mp4nations fault or any other retailer. Blame Teclast for not having a decent quantity of parts to build the SFLO:2

May 26, 2010 at 6:59 AM Post #1,305 of 3,682
Haha, I have no such worries. Dunno if you've tried it but you reckon the Headstage Arrow would be a good amp for it? Something like that and a right-angled mini-to-mini and it'd still be a very portable setup for me. I wanna exploit that LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back