S:flo2 impressions thread
Apr 25, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #976 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing I can think of is that they did the test on the line out which is pretty good.

I've tried every single EQ, user and otherwise and settled with what appears to be off - it is louder than the rest, has less compressed dynamics, and no sudden loss of frequencies in comparison. So, either the S:Flo and the T51 are different, my firmware is off, or the other test was done on the LO.

This unit stand 100% as I have posted - mellow, rolled off, but otherwise very good.

I'd consider buying one IF it was smaller. I don't need a tricky, tacky touchscreen; for that, I have an iPod touch. I'd rather have a small player with easy to use controls and good SQ.

x2.

This is really bugs me, I sold my T51 a while ago because I don't like the bass, the size and the touchscreen ( I'm somehow ok with The battery life and Interface ). But I couldn't find any portable player that serve my very revealing portable system as good as T51, until I'am ready to spend $700 for -you know what I mean- portable source.
I have a friend that want to part with his T51, I'll have it a listen for couple of days, I want to make sure once again about the bass, I'll write again soon.

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #977 of 3,682
Apr 26, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #978 of 3,682
Hmmm so even if I wanted to get one it would be a long time to recieve it due to thier limitation in stock, damn that sucks It sounds like my kind of player I would want to get the 8gb one and just get a 8 or 16 micro sd for later, is there a differance in the 8gb version to the 16gb one?.

and are the brainwaves worth the extra money if I already got some sennheiser HD438's that I can plug into it?.

Sorry for all the questions but does the line out work with normal headphones, or do they just serve amp purposes?.

Apr 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #979 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by CronosX9x9X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm so even if I wanted to get one it would be a long time to recieve it due to thier limitation in stock, damn that sucks It sounds like my kind of player I would want to get the 8gb one and just get a 8 or 16 micro sd for later, is there a differance in the 8gb version to the 16gb one?.

and are the brainwaves worth the extra money if I already got some sennheiser HD438's that I can plug into it?.

Sorry for all the questions but does the line out work with normal headphones, or do they just serve amp purposes?.

Why don't you just order the T51 from another site then? It's the exact same thing as the s:flo2 (although the T51 doesn't come in 16gb, 8 is the max). But there is no difference in the players other than the size.

How much more are the brainwaves? There's a review around here in the portable headphones/IEMs section on them.

The line out will work for headphones but it will be too loud and you won't be able to control the volume. So technically... yes, it just serves amp purposes.

Apr 27, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #981 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you just order the T51 from another site then? It's the exact same thing as the s:flo2 (although the T51 doesn't come in 16gb, 8 is the max). But there is no difference in the players other than the size.

How much more are the brainwaves? There's a review around here in the portable headphones/IEMs section on them.

The line out will work for headphones but it will be too loud and you won't be able to control the volume. So technically... yes, it just serves amp purposes.

I only paid like 10 bucks more for the Beta Brainwaves. Decent little pair of backup IEM's ... I think they sell new for like 30 bucks and I'd reckon that's a pretty fair price.

Apr 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #983 of 3,682
Finally, I placed an order for s:flo2 16gb with betas, really looking forward to it.. they say they could ship them April 30, and after presale, the price of 16gb will raise about $10 so couldnt wait much longer.. Even yesterday was price about 3€ less then today...
I am looking forward to them.. with RE0 it should be nice combo, and later i will get DBA02
biggrin.gif

Peace !

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #984 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananiq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, I placed an order for s:flo2 16gb with betas, really looking forward to it.. they say they could ship them April 30, and after presale, the price of 16gb will raise about $10 so couldnt wait much longer.. Even yesterday was price about 3€ less then today...
I am looking forward to them.. with RE0 it should be nice combo, and later i will get DBA02
biggrin.gif

Peace !

why not get the brainwavz m2 since your still part of the 3rd batch you get a coupon for $20 towards the M2 which balance out for 29.xx ^^,

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #985 of 3,682
oh damn, I suppose I did wrong choice. Didnt know about coupon for M2... the 29$ seems to be nice price for a IEM's normaly priced at 69$
smily_headphones1.gif
.. did anyone listen to those?

Apr 29, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #987 of 3,682
wink_face.gif
I think I will just get the third batch and use my sennheiser hd 438's with it hopefully it'll be loud cause it has the power to support them right?.

I'm gonna get the 8gb version without beta brain waves cause I already got my sennheiser's which I pay a good amount for so I can listen to my player with a good sound rather than a compressed soundstage.

so if anyone else gots some info that I might need I would appriciate it like if anyone has used the Sennheiser hd438's with it and says it is loud I would really like that lol.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #988 of 3,682
I was away from my S:flo2. I had my clip+ for about 3 weeks while traveling on business trip. Anyways,.. after coming back to my S:flo2, I can see the SQ is simply a lot more HD and the seperation is much better: )

I love the sound very much, and even though it took me 3 tries to get it right, it's well worth it! I really do love my S:flo2, despite it's annoying interface, and it's wierd little quirks like bad ID tags, and messed up display of the play list. OH yeah, and as far as the Treble cut off, I really don't hear it with the LO. And I trust my hearing and know what instruments sound like in real life.

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #989 of 3,682
was talking to a friend about the seperation and he thought i meant a sort of hard panning effect like on an old beatles track ,but put i put on another brick in the wall with the kids singing (plus that menacing voice in the background) to show that instead of a general group sound its lots of individual voices together if you get my drift
another thing i like is the ENERGY of my set up ,i also detect no treble roll off or bass roll off ,put it this way, on lotr trilogy soundtrack the bass is the sort thats felt deep down not just a facsimile of the original,theres nothing mellow or laid back ,to me its like theres a conductor waving his baton furiously, i would highly recommend the hfi780s amped through the line out with the sflo2

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #990 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisztian420 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OH yeah, and as far as the Treble cut off, I really don't hear it with the LO. And I trust my hearing and know what instruments sound like in real life.

The treble 'roll-off' was on the HO side depending on whose RMAA graphs you believe to be accurate.

Anyone here use the SFlo2 LO w/ an Arrow 12HE? Picks and impressions would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back