S:flo2 impressions thread
Mar 23, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #586 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone compare this player to an Amp3 Pro 2, a HifiMan HM801 or a Rocco yet? I am going to wait patiently for mine (Batch#3) which according to the website, will ship at the end of March.

It would be cool to get a comparison. From what I've read though the AMP3 hisses like a cassette player with IEM's it's firmware is even worse than the SFLO it has issues playing certain types of .flac files and the company making it uses some pretty shady tactics to hide the actual audio chips it is using which turns out to be some pretty normal mid level and in expensive components and also hires people to shill for them here and on other forums.

I'm personally never going to touch a DAP made by them.

The Hifiman looks pretty intriguing though but it has firmware problems as well but at least seems to be made of actual high end components.

I did a lot of research on these units before picking the one that fit my needs and the SFLO:2 was the clear winner for having good SQ, begin produced by a good honest company and not having as many issues as the hifiman.

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #587 of 3,682
Both the price and the size of the HifiMan is ridiculous. I think it would even be possible to hook up a player with optical out to an iBasso amp in less space and at lower price...

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #588 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that's how it happened, for me anyway. The package seemed to go from hongkong to my local post office and then to my house in a few hours.

Yes, things happen that way...
wink.gif
The problem is that I can not track where the device is therefore nothing appears on the delivery company in my country. This ended up being an patience exercise.

If I knew this problem, I would have used the EMS delivery...
frown.gif

Cheers,

Peter

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #589 of 3,682
can it drive the K701/K702 or HD555 fully? (what ohm headphones are recommended for the s:flo2 ?)

does it support all mp3 & flac album art?

can you set your own backgrounds?

is the dictionary only chinese?

is there a way to remove the dictionary from main menu or device?

does it have gapless playback?

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #590 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can it drive the K701/K702 or HD555 fully? (what ohm headphones are recommended for the s:flo2 ?)

does it support all mp3 & flac album art?

can you set your own backgrounds?

is the dictionary only chinese?

is there a way to remove the dictionary from main menu or device?

does it have gapless playback?

1. Not sure, I don't use album art
2. No
3. Not sure; I'm sure it's in English though
4. No
5. I wouldn't say gapless but it's about a fifth of a second break.

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:52 AM Post #591 of 3,682
Quote:

It would be cool to get a comparison. From what I've read though the AMP3 hisses like a cassette player with IEM's it's firmware is even worse than the SFLO it has issues playing certain types of .flac files and the company making it uses some pretty shady tactics to hide the actual audio chips it is using which turns out to be some pretty normal mid level and in expensive components and also hires people to shill for them here and on other forums.

I'm personally never going to touch a DAP made by them.

The Hifiman looks pretty intriguing though but it has firmware problems as well but at least seems to be made of actual high end components.

I did a lot of research on these units before picking the one that fit my needs and the SFLO:2 was the clear winner for having good SQ, begin produced by a good honest company and not having as many issues as the hifiman.

No, I actually already own each of those devices as well as a few iMods, I was just wondering if anyone did a comparison.

PS How do you like the Hippo VB. Just picked one up and I think its fun as heck.
happy_face1.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 1:33 AM Post #592 of 3,682
Quote:

No, I actually already own each of those devices as well as a few iMods, I was just wondering if anyone did a comparison.

PS How do you like the Hippo VB. Just picked one up and I think its fun as heck.
happy_face1.gif

Headfonia is working on a portable DAP comparison of some of the above mentioned and a few others including the Sony X series.

Do!

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #593 of 3,682
Quote:

happy_face1.gif

I love the VB's, they replaced my Atrio m5's and outclassed them in every way shape or form. They also sound alot better after burn in. The treble gets ALOT Smoother after burn in but still retains the high detail and 3d like space of them out of the box. The Bass also gets a little smoother after burn in.

These match up really well with the SFLO:2, no amp needed anymore.

Mar 24, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #594 of 3,682
I had a small budget for a player and for the price ($110 for the 2 GB) I felt that this player had the best SQ for the price. I'm waiting for some IEMs I ordered, so I'm stuck with the stock buds, but I plugged it into my computer speakers and it sounds very good

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #595 of 3,682
Quote:

I love the VB's, they replaced my Atrio m5's and outclassed them in every way shape or form..

These match up really well with the SFLO:2, no amp needed anymore.

Excellent news. I'm using them mostly with the Amp3 Pro2 right now which is very good but am looking forward to using them with the SFLO:2.

Anyone have any idea where they came up with a name like SFLO:2?

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #596 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headfonia is working on a portable DAP comparison of some of the above mentioned and a few others including the Sony X series.

Do!

Thats what I'm talking about !
smily_headphones1.gif
Thank You Mr Do !

Mar 24, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #598 of 3,682
Quote:

Anyone compare this player to an Amp3 Pro 2, a HifiMan HM801 or a Rocco yet? I am going to wait patiently for mine (Batch#3) which according to the website, will ship at the end of March.

I will have a HifiMan HM801 for review in the next few weeks, will give it a comparison then.

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #600 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by cow07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone thought about swapping the battery out with an BL-4p battery?
ppl have done it with the d2: Success! DIY Battery Replacement for D2 - iAudiophile.net Forums

Won't have much point doing it. T51 has a special double-up Li-ion battery pack with a combined 2500mAh capacity in total. Swapping it with a 1500mAh BL-4P only going to shorten the battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back