S:flo2 impressions thread
Feb 20, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #466 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have both and the sflo2 blows my d2 out of the water ,better seperation ,higher quality bass imho and most of all it deals much better with complicated busy music ,some of my music that sounded rough on the d2 eg Lincoln park Meteora or evanescence sounds lush, accurate and well balanced on the sflo2 (using ultrasones)

Ok thanks bro the D2 is out. What about the S:Flo2 compared to the Sony X series?

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #468 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by mobbaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed something very interesting yesterday while using the line out... the s:flo was plugged into an USB charger and playing music at the same time. When i unplugged it from the charger i noticed that the sound instantaneously improved, it had more body and texture, especially in the bass and the vocals, as if the lows were boosted a bit. And it has nothing to do with parasites, the sound was always super clean.
Anyone noticed that with dynamic headphones?

This situation is quite common. To obtain cleaner signals, I often plug power supply into a big transformer. It was very noticeable if the power supply "humm".

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #469 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This situation is quite common. To obtain cleaner signals, I often plug power supply into a big transformer. It was very noticeable if the power supply "humm".

Thank you! There's absolutely no noise issue though if that's what you mean. SQ litterally improves when unplugging the charger.

Feb 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #470 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi mobaddict!

well, its like taking a NICE DAP and installing bionic legs on it and paternally giving toddler pat on back and gently whispering RUN!!!

Yes. HUGE increase in SQ.

You get well hammered on Firmware. ROCKbox. Which comes with the "featureset" including: Custom Channel Configuration, Stereo Widening, Crossfeed!!!, Graphical EQ (with frequency filtration, wideness, and levels of course), as well as dithering, and then ReplayGain with a preamp level, and clipping prevention.

NICE toolbox.

HERE is my ROCKbox setup. I like it loud, I like it wide, I like it dynamic n 3D. its killz. Play around, adjust to your taste. Its an endpoint for me, maybe a pistolshot to begin the race for you? Have Fun / Ask Questions.

--------------------------------

a ROCKbox EQ adapted from the Head-Fi.org user HiFlight's settings as reposted on Xin's Cool Talk forum.

Modified after much twiddlesomesuchnessessnes by YOURS TRULY with much experiental toying with a range of COWON, iRiver, and other DAPs... and now the s:flo2, and re-fixed on the sansa Fuze.

here goes:

Channel Configuration:
Custom

Stereo Width:
250%

Crossfeed:
Crossfeed: Yes
Direct Gain: -3.5dB
Cross Gain: -6.5dB
High Frequency Attenuation: -16.5dB
High Frequency Cutoff: 700Hz

Graphical EQ:

LS: 9.0 dB / 20Hz / 6.0 Q
PK1: -3.0dB /600Hz / 4.0 Q
PK2: 7.0dB / 4000Hz / 3.0 Q
PK3: -2.0dB / 8500Hz / 2.0 Q
HS: 4.0dB / 16000Hz / 5.0 Q

Dithering: Yes

ENJOY. this is an AWESOME SOUNDING setup. I enjoy it muchly on the ROCKboxed sansa Fuze v.01 hardware.

------------------------------------

as extracted from my post on iAUDIOphile.net's forums....

Hi,

I was playing with the rockbox on my fuze v1 and made some changes on the stereo width to 250% and some other changes as well.

But then I was disappointed about that I can´t use rockbox with LOD
frown.gif

So I went back to original fuze firmware 01.02.26 which I have found best when it comes to SQ tried v28 and 31 even.

Strange thing is that after I went back to original firmware 01.02.26 all that settings which I altered in rockbox was there! So now I can use LOD and have all that setting you posted working! at least that is what I hear
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #471 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

I was playing with the rockbox on my fuze v1 and made some changes on the stereo width to 250% and some other changes as well.

But then I was disappointed about that I can´t use rockbox with LOD
frown.gif

So I went back to original fuze firmware 01.02.26 which I have found best when it comes to SQ tried v28 and 31 even.

Strange thing is that after I went back to original firmware 01.02.26 all that settings which I altered in rockbox was there! So now I can use LOD and have all that setting you posted working! at least that is what I hear
wink.gif

rockbox doesnt work with the LOD. For some reason, it only works (the LOD) with the Sansa Firmware... and honest the LOD's absence is no big loss I have compared the two. Headphone out to an iBasso D10 Cobra, and Lineout to an iBasso D10 Cobra with Sansa Firmware and then Headphone out with rockbox to the iBasso D10 Cobra always wins, by my evaluation. I wish I'd not wasted the 48 dollars on the LOD for the fuze.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #474 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found it even had less battery life at times.

Less than 8-10hrs? We're talking MP3 playback right? WOW, why does this eat up so much power?
angry_face.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM Post #475 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassheadd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Less than 8-10hrs? We're talking MP3 playback right? WOW, why does this eat up so much power?
angry_face.gif

its the dac chips and the opamps that do it, they arent meant for portable use

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #476 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
its the dac chips and the opamps that do it, they arent meant for portable use

Well that defeats the purpose of it then. WOW, this is a total deal breaker for me. 8 -10hrs battery is completely unacceptable.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #477 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rockbox doesnt work with the LOD. For some reason, it only works (the LOD) with the Sansa Firmware... and honest the LOD's absence is no big loss I have compared the two. Headphone out to an iBasso D10 Cobra, and Lineout to an iBasso D10 Cobra with Sansa Firmware and then Headphone out with rockbox to the iBasso D10 Cobra always wins, by my evaluation. I wish I'd not wasted the 48 dollars on the LOD for the fuze.

Since I got only LOD cable I will have to waste some money on decent mini to mini cable anyway.
It is all about looking and learning which cost money but hopefully we all will find what we are looking for after spending lots of money... well I havent spend much so far
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #478 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassheadd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that defeats the purpose of it then. WOW, this is a total deal breaker for me. 8 -10hrs battery is completely unacceptable.

Young kid. I grew up with portable cassette player, portable CD player ; 4 AA batteries ran 2-3 hours.

Feb 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #480 of 3,682
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Young kid. I grew up with portable cassette player, portable CD player ; 4 AA batteries ran 2-3 hours.

Yea even my zune30 gets only about 10 hrs at most, not a big issue for me as there are portable battery packs available if you have to charge on the go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back